Jobs In Eastern Region 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
About This Role:
- To provide technical support to plant operations, by focusing on the efficiency and maintenance of metallurgical systems on a day-to-day basis.
- To ensure optimal performance of the process plant.
In This Role You Will:
- Coordinate with groups such as Process Operations, Process Maintenance and Supply Chain to effectively manage all reagent practices.
- Perform audits on metallurgical practices, correct and implement permanent solutions.
- Monitor stocks and coordinate with supply chain to ensure adequate critical wear parts availability for mill relines, screen panel change outs and cyclones.
- Develop and implement preventative maintenance and process plans to maximize efficiency and ensure cost effectiveness of production.
- Monitor wear pattern and profile of mill lifters / liners and provide information that predicts the wear life which informs the decision for liner / lifters change out.
- Assist the Senior Metallurgist to ensure that circuit (crusher, milling, CIL, elution) simulation and optimisation activities take place.
- Provide technical support to troubleshoot and resolve plant disruptions and shut down situations.
- Facilitate plant and facility inspections, identify any variances and implement corrective measures to address these.
- Process invoices for payments and enter these into the SAP system.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for the metallurgical function.
- Support the MIWATEK contractor by coordinating the collation of reagent and chemical data through tracking, counting and recording.
Metallurgical Optimization and Improvement
- Oversee that plant parameters are achieved through the optimisation and troubleshooting of issues encountered at the process plant.
- Assist in the development and implementation of preventative maintenance plans to maximise efficiency and cost effectiveness of production.
- Work on continuous improvement projects by identifying relevant improvement initiatives and introducing these into metallurgy, in line with the full potential program.
- Initiate metallurgical test work to optimize and improve on current practices to check efficiency and effectiveness.
- Contribute to the optimization of metallurgy within the process plant by:
- making changes to plant circuit parameters.
- calibrating metallurgical equipment.
- signing off weekly and monthly reagent consumption.
- replacing mill liner schedule and type.
- monitoring and reporting reagent stock levels
- monitoring and reporting mill liner, screen panels and cyclone part stock levels.
- Assist the Senior Metallurgist in the preparation of reports required for distribution within the function.
- Maintain records of maintenance and repair work.
- Produce daily reports indicating the jobs for the day and submit the report to the Superintendent.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Health and Safety Management
- Accept personal responsibility for the health and safety of every employee under or assigned to his / her supervision.
- Provide hands-on assistance during operations activities and ensuring that safe work practices are followed.
- Conduct periodic safety meetings and inspections.
- Attend monthly safety inspection and meetings.
Your Training, Skills & Experience Checklist:
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- Degree in Metallurgical / Mineral / Chemical Engineering.
- Advance knowledge of metallurgy principles and industry standards.
- Advance knowledge of metallurgy plant equipment.
- Advance knowledge of IT systems and processes.
- Advance knowledge of the statutory regulations relevant to safety and the environment for the mining industry.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in metallurgical methods / processes, preferably in a gold processing plant.
- Advance analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Advance communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Advance computer literacy skills – MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Strong information monitoring and management skills.
- Strong time management skills.
- Strong planning, organizing and prioritizing skills.
- Statistical and mathematical skills.
- Ability to interpret metallurgical engineering drawings.
- Attention to detail.
- Customer focused.
- Goal oriented.
- Takes initiative.
- Quality oriented.
- Results driven.
- Safety conscious.
- Team player.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Position is in a very remote location. The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job.
- specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- physical demands: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is required to sit at a desk for extended periods, climb stairs, walk and stand.
- work environment: The noise level in the office work environment is minimal. Occasional exposure to noise, fumes, high temperature hazardous materials, sharp edges, dust, pinch-points, vibration, slippery surfaces etc.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): Work requires mandatory PPE such as helmet, goggles, high visible clothing, safety harness, ear plugs and dust mask according to working conditions.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.