Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The Transmission Engineer will be responsible for the Network operations and Planning & Implementation of the OSP & SDH components in the Main One Optical Transmission Network interfacing with the terrestrial and transoceanic fibre optic cable systems. The Transmission Engineer will be responsible for the:
- Troubleshooting and resolution of 1st and 2nd level network related problems.
- Respond to and resolve SDH & MW networks issues within the timeframe of severity level agreements
- Review and execute RPRs (re-provision requests) on Dragon Wave HC+, Huawei OSN series (especially OSN3500, OSN500 & OSN8800) and ECI box (BG-20 & BG-30) platforms with minimal supervision
- Support all aspects of the network management process assuring requests, implementation, and problems are delivered as required with no impact to the global communications.
- Deploy and document changes in accordance with problem and change management process
- Participate in managing projects introduced by engineering team assuring full implementation and documentation standards are adhered to. Complete the projects objectives within timelines.
- Able to interpret, review and implement PDH and SDH networks designs from the core network planning team.
- Perform most effective approach to restore, recover, or alter configurations, logical or physical, to maintain service integrity
- Ensure that Main One’s global and metro fiber network documentation is always accurate and up to date.
- Perform Network Analyses using E-Analyzer, SDH Analyzer, OTDR and other signal testing tools/instrument to ensure error free network.
- Carry out site surveys, planning of new equipment, cabinets and towers installation
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Overall project planning, delivery and update of the milestone project plan
- Provide support as delegated on last mile connections, including microwave radio technology deployment
- Work directly with Vendor support to manage the Optical Transmission Network (OTN).
- Coordinate and manage equipment installation services, OTN component vendors and schedules
- Implementation of Network resilience and Protection systems (1+1 LMSP, SNCP, MSP etc.)
- Report on capacity, inventory and utilization of applicable transmission and carrier equipment configurations. Provide detailed engineering documentation to support and ensure the success of required projects.
- Planning of OSP build and new POP identification selection.
- OSP build supervisions on site where all fiber cable activities such as Laying of Fibers, Sub ducts laying & calibrations, Fibre Testing, fibre Termination/Splicing.
- Ensure quality assurance on all outside plant infrastructural build by contractors during implementation.
- Assess test plans and perform tests to ensure cable and build integrity.
- Implementation of new fiber projects for MOCC backhaul routes.
- Issue periodic progress/ status reports regularly based on the updates gathered from the construction teams.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- BSc Electrical/Electronics Engineering or B.Tech Electrical/Electronics Engineering or BSC Telecommunication Engineering
- Ability to review and execute provisioning requests from Transmission Planning documents
- Ability to troubleshoot, identify root causes and recommend solutions
- Ability to operate, troubleshoot and maintain networking/IP related technologies and protocols
- Ability to recognize and analyze data, basic causes of problems, and recommend solutions that meet the practical needs of the business
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Teamwork abilities
- Ability to work well under pressure
Demands of the Job
- Ability and willingness to work long hours and meet tight deadlines;
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- May be required to work weekends
- May be required to travel out of stations
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How To Apply
This Job Listing Has Expired
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.