Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Assists in all aspects of invasive and non-invasive cardiac procedures. Assesses procedure room for equipment functioning and readiness and assists with the maintenance of equipment and inventory. Ensures adequate supplies for individual cases and ensures the procedure room is adequately prepared for procedures, assists physicians during procedure and provides monitoring, and direct patient care to patients. Responsible for performing clerical duties as assigned
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Preparing and cleaning of procedure rooms before and between cases and after terminal care.
- Assists in positioning, prepping and draping of patients.
- Responsible for admitting, recovering and discharging of patients from the Cardiac Cath Provides follow-up.
- Provide direct patient care, evaluate outcomes, consult with other healthcare team members as required and adjust nursing care processes as indicated to ensure optimal patient care.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- perform a head-to-toe assessment on all patients and reassessments as per policy
- Utilise appropriate pain management techniques.
- Assess cardiorespiratory systems for changes in neonate to geriatric patients and treat appropriately.
- Carry out medical and surgical asepsis during all procedures.
- Carry out established techniques for safe administration of medications, contrast and parenteral fluids as per facility policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of anaesthetic drugs, actions and side effects.
- Knowledge of location, care and operation of all Cardiac Cath Lab equipment.
- Ensurepre-op checklist is complete before patient is taken into procedure room.
- Assists the scrub with gowning.
- Monitoring the patient at all times;
- Documents patient data during procedures (heart rate, blood pressure, respirations, all pressures, O2 saturation, EKG). Maintains procedure records.
- Start IVs; monitors IV fluids and patency of IVs.
- Establishes and maintains effective communication and good working relationships with co-workers for the patient’s benefit.
- Proficient in interpreting ECG and hemodynamic pressure tracings.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Prepares the cath lab timeously with all anticipated supplies and equipment for each individual procedure.
- Checks all equipment/ instruments needed prior to each procedure to ensure proper functioning.
- Current registration as RN with The Nursing and Midwife Council of Ghana
- Current BLS certification.
- Current ACLS certification and advantage.
- Minimum of one (1) year work experience in a Cardiac Cath Lab.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Basic computer knowledge.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.