Quality Control/Assurance Jobs In Tamale, Northern Region : Quality Assurance Specialist - Plan InternationalQuality Control/Assurance Jobs In Ghana 2021
Jobs In Tamale, Northern Region 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
Dimensions of Role:
- He/She will contribute to the successful financial project management in compliance with donor (Global Affairs Canada guidelines. He/She will strengthen the capacity of the respective project staff and local partner organizations for quality financial administration.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- He/She ensures that financial reports and the respective supporting documents shared with the donor are of high quality. To achieve this the Quality Assurance Specialist will work at two levels:
- preliminary review financial reports before they are shared with CNO
- Provide initial support and capacity building of financial teams of new partner organizations and Plan staff
- Provide Risk Management and support for the proper functioning of WISE financial System
- Area of Responsibility – Wise Project
- Located at Tamale
Typical Responsibilities – Key End Results of Position:
“What” is done and “why”, but not “how”; include indicators for success
- Coordinates and monitors the Quality Assurance function of the WISE project
- Participates in the design, implementation and monitoring of all the processes required in the Quality Assurance work (annual plan, standard working papers, reporting format and protocols) etc.
- Strengthens the risk management processes in line with the Plan International Global and Regional strategy through facilitation of the project risk management plan of actions and monitoring of the Risk Register.
- Follows up on Action-plans agreed between management and external Auditors for full compliance and reports to Country Director
- Reviews Internal Control Systems for its effectiveness and appropriateness to achieve the project’s objectives and reports on areas of improvement
- Performs special confidential tasks assigned by the Country Director
- Ensures quality standards are met through review of processes at risk in the annual review plan
- Monitors action taken by management in response to assurance reviews, ensuring effective follow up
- Adheres to Plan’s Child Protection Policy to safeguard and protect the child at all times without any reports or incidents of child abuse
- Ensures Plan’s gender equality policy is adhered to
- To coordinate the Risk Management system to ensure that all risk owners are prompted monthly to update their risk action points
- Performs and other duties that may be assigned from time to time to ensure the effective implementation of the Wise Project
Providing Assurance: Planning, monitoring and quality review of Assurance engagements on key systems, processes, policies and controls carried out at the project level.
- Develops a Financial Year (FY) workplan for the country/ specific area of work, as agreed with the Project Lead, that provides assurance on key systems, processes, policies and controls in Plan Ghana
- Prepares monitors budget to implement the Annual workplan
- Reviews ongoing assurance assignments on the workplan in the line with International Standards on internal auditing
- Prepares Reports to relevant stakeholders on assurance engagement assignments undertaken
- Monitors the process of management’s Actions in response to Assurance Reviews
Change Management, management support and learning: Influences change within and the project team to strengthen risk management, accountability and effectiveness.
Supports management in improving operations and to provide a platform for learning across Plan.
- Provides practical recommendations on how to improve systems, processes, policies and controls relating to the WISE project.
- Facilitates the sharing of learning, based on best practices or from different partners as well from best standards and practices on the project
- Provides technical support in network meetings and other organizational trainings focusing on risk management and effectiveness of the control framework
- Provides advice to CMT on systems, processes and policy reviews, in agreement with the Project Lead
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Relationship Management: Builds relationships with internal and external stakeholders to facilitate conduct of quality assurance engagements and exchange of knowledge on assurance best practices
- Builds relationships with key internal stakeholders mainly project team and country management to facilitate the conduct of quality assurance engagements and identify appropriate areas for management support
- Interact with other quality assurance functions from local and other INGOs, and the donor community to exchange knowledge and learn on assurance best practices and developments in risk management
Dealing with Problems:
- Working across a large geographical area and multiple districts/municipalities with different languages that require strategic choices to be made on the prioritization of assurance needs to be addressed
- The role woks with the management of country, Plan International Canada. This places a requirement for the development of excellence working relationships and communication that is greater than in more regular management relationships
- Deciding which assignments to prioritize given the many competing assurance needs of the various stakeholders of the project
- Finding effective assurance solutions to varying and rapidly changing risk levels of the proejct
- Advising management at different levels in the organization on effective risk management levels
- Making effective recommendations to management on how to improve the control framework and manage risks in various contexts across different functions
- Influencing management to implement recommendations made from assurance review
- Identifies, analyzes and documents all success factors and risks facing the WISE project and its partners. Updates the analysis as often as needed and reports them to management and provides his/her recommendations for validation or improvement of risk management and overall internal control system
- Helps in identification of capacity building needs with regards to staff, partners and community understanding and compliance to Internal Controls procedures
- Provides training and technical support to Plan partners and communities to best practices with regards to Plan finance and administrative policies and procedures
- Ensures the existence and use of effective internal controls
Communications and Working Relationships:
Working contacts inside and outside the organization; include the purpose and level (high, medium, low) of the contact
- Wise Project Management Team (including PU Managers)
- Plan Ghana Technical Specialists
- Country Office and Canada National Office Finance teams
- Maintains high contact with staff regarding Plan policies and procedures
- Maintains low contact with the Country Office and other Global Assurance team
Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours Required to Achieve Role’s Objectives:
Knowledge and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Auditing or its equivalent, with Part II Professional Qualification;
- Extensive practical experience of at least five years in risk-based auditing;
- Knowledge of program and project implementation is an added advantage;
- At least 3 years’ experience in similar position with a recognized institution preferably an International NGO
- Ability to train and mentor staff, partners and communities
- Good analytical and synthesis skills
- Ability to study and quickly understand new operating environment and organizational systems
- Good communications skills (written or oral)
- Good listening and negotiating skills
- Independence and objectivity, you should be able to work with minimum supervision
- Organized, methodical and meticulous
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Promoting high performance
- Open to feedback and willing to try new approaches and processes
- Excellent Team Spirit
- Promotes innovation, learning and transparency
- Communicates effectively and enthusiastically as appropriate to the audience
- Gains, develops and retains credibility
- Behaves consistently in their approach to work and decision making
How To Apply
This Job Listing Has Expired
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.