Jobs In Ghana 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Our Curation team is on a mission to better facilitate this through the curation of the best, most relevant, and timely content that reaches, engages and delights one of the largest daily audiences in the world.
The Curation team contextualizes content related to topics of interest including misinformation, politics, breaking global news, entertainment and sports, and we’re looking for a skilled Curator to help us identify the best Tweets, photos, and videos in real-time around those topics in Nigeria.
Who you are?
The ideal candidate for this role should have a deep, non-partisan, understanding of Nigerian news and politics. They should feel comfortable fact-checking content related to politics, medical science or local news
They must also be capable of quickly and accurately identifying the best Twitter content across multiple verticals including News, Sports and Entertainment. In addition to curation, members of this team work collaboratively and are encouraged to support curation and projects of other verticals.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
While this role is primarily focused on English and English Pidgin content, working proficiency in one or more of the following languages is an advantage: Yoruba, Hausa and Igbo.
This role is based in Accra, Ghana and focused on Nigeria. You may need to work weekends.
- Identifying the best Twitter content related to local news and/or global conversations
- Effective verbal and written communication. Can present to broader team on specific projects
- A basic understanding of “content quality” and the data and Curation Standards by which we might judge and measure that within a product surface
- Is able to prioritize work effectively, under deadline
- Is capable of, and receptive to, giving and receiving constructive feedback
- Curate live updates around various topics and events across civic integrity, local news, misinformation, entertainment and sports for Twitter customers
- Weave together stories from sequences of Tweets
- Identify events and emerging trends on Twitter that will drive unique content experiences
- Work cross-collaboratively with teammates and internal stakeholders to create strategies for key events in West Africa time zone
- Strong real-time news judgment: Able to provide timely and accurate coverage of the most impactful conversations on the platform.
- Excellent editing skills. Can quickly identify ways to improve copy and effectively communicate changes while working with others in the team.
- Use Twitter and very familiar with the product
- Experience in online content moderation
- Excellent understanding of the Nigerian political system
- Deadline-oriented and thrives in fast-paced, changing environments
- Fluency and ability to read and write in English and Pidgin English
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Nice to haves:
- An interest in Machine Learning and Human-in-the-Loop technology
- Multilingual in additional Nigerian languages like Yoruba, Igbo or Hausa
- Experience or aptitude for news gathering tools like Tweetdeck, Dataminr for News preferred but not required.
- Experience with JIRA
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.