Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The University of Ghana invites applications from suitably qualified persons for the Administrative/Professional position of Deputy Head, University Basic Schools.
POSITION: Deputy Head
REPORTING TO: Headmaster/Headmistress
- The successful candidate will support the Headmaster/Headmistress to fulfil the mandate of the School.
- He/she is expected to provide leadership, maintain and promote efficiency and order on campus, provide sound administration and discharge other duties as may be assigned by the Headmaster/Headmistress.
Under the direction of the Head, the Deputy Head will perform the following specific roles:
- Adhering to and enforcing school policy, guidelines and administrative directives.
- Enforcing guidelines to maintain proper discipline and conduct.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Communicating relevant policies and procedures with regard to students’ discipline, conduct, and attendance to students, staff and parents.
- Working with Stream Coordinators in the development of effective classroom discipline.
- Maintaining an effective and safe school environment.
- Assisting in curriculum and time-table development to meet the needs of all students.
- Preparing and submitting required periodic reports to the Head
- Helping in the preparation of appropriate handbooks.
- Supervising and evaluating Class Assistants in consultation with Stream Coordinators.
- Supervising support services such as the canteen and the infirmary.
- Providing inputs for teaching and learning materials to be included in annual budgets.
- Assisting in the care and management of the buildings and grounds, furniture, equipment, apparatus, books and other supplies.
- Overseeing curriculum delivery in consultation with school heads.
- Convening department as well as other staff committee meetings.
- Assigning teaching duties to the staff as well as preparing the staff duty roster.
- To set up a system to identify and assist children with learning difficulties.
- Evaluating Teacher performance and working with the Headmaster/Headmistress to help marginal teachers to improve.
Qualification Required & Experience
The Deputy Head is expected to possess the following qualifications:
- Diploma in Education
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline
- A Master’s degree in Education Management or in a related discipline
- A minimum of 10 years’ relevant experience
In addition, applicants should demonstrate sound leadership qualities and should be computer literate.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How To Apply
An applicant is required to submit the completed application pack to:
University of Ghana,
P.O. Box 25,
Legon, Accra, Ghana (hard copy) or
[email protected] (soft copy).
The application pack should contain the following:
- • Completed application form for Administrative/Professional Positions (UAB Form 1B) to be downloaded from the University’s website.
- • An up to date Curriculum Vitae and copies of relevant academic and/or professional certificates.
- • A statement of about 1,000 words indicating how one intends to use the period in office to address relevant issues that will ensure that the Basic School achieves its mission and vision.
Closing Date: 7th May, 2021
Only shortlisted applicants would be contacted.
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.