Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
In close coordination with the US Embassy and USAID, the goal of the USAID/OTI-funded Littorals Regional Initiative (LRI) is to support US foreign policy priorities to shore up stability and prevent violent extremism in the Littoral region, including Ghana.
Initial objectives include:
- Rapidly delivering effective and relevant programming on the ground through targeted interventions that may be scaled up.
- Informing and improving USG programming by piloting approaches and sharing reporting.
- Providing rapid response capacity, from hiring STTAs to quick response activities, in the event of a crisis or opportunity.
The IT Officer will be responsible for providing technical support to all IT related issues for the project including but not limited to installation and testing of workstations, printers, client software, upgrades, and configuration.
Reporting & Supervision:
This position reports to the DCOP-Operations.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Implement all HQ IT policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Document system configuration setup and changes.
- Deploy and implement office network according to HQ specifications, including switches, access points, firewalls, and Network Area Storage (NAS).
- Identify and resolve problems in the network.
- Triage, prioritize, and troubleshoot staff support ticket requests. Escalate issues to HQ as necessary.
- Support and troubleshoot users in the office on their daily work.
- Supervise installations performed by third parties such as cabling, Internet connection, etc.
- Supervise and follow-up on equipment maintenance performed by other contractors.
- Implement and enforce security on the network and prevent misuse of the IT resources.
- Participate in quarterly Global IT meetings hosted by HQ.
- Responsible for IT inventory; work closely with the DCOP-O and procurement team to monitor distribution and location of IT equipment by performing a yearly inventory check-up.
- Keep IT equipment healthy by applying all required security patches and monitoring the correct delivery of all antivirus updates.
- Provide training to project staff on best Internet security practices.
- Monitor use of IT systems and Internet service to ensure staff are getting optimal service at all times.
- Implement and document a disaster recovery plan and offsite storage of backed up data.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree is desired. Secondary school or technical training diploma required.
- Must have at least four years of general work experience.
- Must have at least two years of specific experience in desktop support, ICT, Information Systems, or a related field in Ghana.
- Strong knowledge of wireless and wired LAN technologies, protocols, programming, and network security.
- Knowledge of USAID Rules and Regulations, previous experience working on USAID-funded projects preferred.
- Proficiency in English is required.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Proficiency in French and/or local languages spoken in Northern Ghana a plus.
- Experience with the following tools desired:
- Microsoft Windows
- Microsoft Office 365 – SharePoint, Teams, Outlook, Word, Excel
- Meraki networking equipment
- Must have existing work authorization for Ghana.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.