Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Established in 2002, ICI is a humanitarian foundation that promotes partnership among the chocolate and cocoa industry, cocoa-producing governments, civil society and NGOs to support the elimination of child labour in cocoa-growing communities. Our head office is in Geneva, Switzerland and we have operations in Ghana and Ivory Coast with National Offices in Accra and Abidjan.
ICI has developed a Child Labour Monitoring and Remediation System (CLMRS) that allows industry partners to manage responsibly the risk of child labour in their cocoa supply chain. In line with the Ghana Child Labor Monitoring System (GCLMS), the system is based on the presence of Community Facilitators (CF) within cocoa-growing communities who raise awareness on the issue of child labour; identify cases and implement remediation activities. (www.cocoainitiative.org
ICI seeks an IT Assistant to support its operations in the in Ghana.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
IT Infrastructure management:
- Installing, configuring, monitoring, and maintaining/replacing computer hardware, phones, tablets, software, systems, networks, printers, and scanners
- Adding or updating workstations for office staff, setting up accounts for new users
- Assist in maintaining Internet service, firewalls, and telephone systems
- Perform routine PC maintenance and updates for performance efficiency
- Responding in a timely manner to service issues and requests
- Monitor and keep stock of IT consumables
- Support training and communication about cyber security threats, e.g. (fishing attempt, extortion, password theft, social engineering)
- Other IT tasks as assigned under the supervision of the Information Systems Officer
Development team support:
- To participate and contribute to high-velocity development cycles
- To assist with testing of in-house Android application and website modules, features, upgrades, and patches for functionality, adaptability, and usability
- To report and document application errors and faults
- To assist with the compilation and input of data to be used in the system
- To assist with marking the start and finish of development tasks using agile development tools such as Trello
- To assist with the process of keeping track of software changes, version releases and field deployments for the purpose of version control
- To assist with the compilation of release notes for ICI applications
To assist with building the capacity of ICI Field Staff, Field agents and other enumerators in the use of mobile App data collection to enhance data coherence and adherence to data standards.
- To support trainings for ICI Field Staff, Field agents and all other data collectors in existing and new ICI mobile apps
- To support in the process of checking the coherence and adherence to data requirements and accuracy on all data submitted to ICI data platform
- To support with the setup and configuration of mobile devices to be used by ICI Field Staff, Field agents and all other data collectors for effective data collection
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Required Skills or Experience
- A first degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or any other related field
- 2 – 3 years working experience in a similar role
- Strong proficiency in English language
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and a service-oriented approach
- Detail-oriented approach
- A good team player, and ability to contribute to a cooperative work environment
- Adaptive to new technology and must have a strong desire to learn
- Good knowledge of IT networking area (e.g.: TCP/IP networking) and IT security
- Good knowledge of Microsoft support and services (Windows 10 pro, Office 365 application product, Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Preferred: knowledge of programme tools (e.g. PHP, JAVA, HTML) and IT development methodology
How To Apply
Please send your updated CV and a COVER LETTER
latest by Friday, 23rd April, 2021. Please put “IT Assistant” in the subject line.
NB: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted (No Calls Please).
NB: ICI has zero-tolerance for all forms of child neglect, abuse (sexual, physical, emotional, and psychological) and exploitation (sexual and commercial).
ICI commits to put the best interest of the child first, and at the centre of its work, irrespective of a child’s ability, ethnicity, faith, gender, sexuality and culture.
ICI recognizes its responsibility to ensure and to promote a safe and secure environment for children. To effectively manage risks to children, ICI requires the commitment, support and cooperation of all staff, associates, partners, suppliers, service-providers and visitors. By applying at ICI, you automatically agree to the above term and uphold the principles described herein
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.