Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Kempinski Hotel Gold Coast City – Accra is the only five-star luxury hotel offering state of the art meeting facilities and services in the city. Conveniently located in the downtown area and in close proximity to the State House, the Accra International Conference Centre and the National Theatre. The property has 269 luxury rooms (largest room size in Accra), 24 suites, a variety of F&B offerings as well as large conference facilities and the largest SPA in West Africa (opening soon), a perfect mix of categories to meet the needs of both corporate and conference visitors to the country.
To assist the Food Safety Manager, Food & Beverage Head of Department and the Executive Chef in managing the overall hygiene programme as an efficient and productive cost and service centre ensuring a seamless operation and therefore contribute to maximising guest satisfaction. The Hygiene Coordinator ensures that the hotel is fully in line with local and International hygiene standards and assists in guiding, correcting, planning and organising Culinary and Stewarding operations.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Ensure that all Food & Beverage employees have an adequate knowledge of food safety.
- Organise Food safety meetings and trainings and keep accurate records of all trainings and meetings held.
- Follow up with all related teams that trainings are understood and actions implemented.
- Develop food safety committees for the hotel to ensure all actions are communicated towards the operations.
- Have a thorough knowledge and understanding of all food and beverage items offered.
- Attend the daily Food & Beverage meeting.
- Develop a monthly report of the operational hygiene gaps and develop an action plan.
- Develop on the job trainings for all kitchen, service and stewarding staff.
- Develop class room trainings for all kitchen, service and stewarding staff.
- Ensure daily routine checks are done in liaison with the Stewarding Manager in all Food & Beverage areas.
- Ensure daily checks of freezers and fridges in the kitchen and bar areas.
- Prepare and compile monthly, weekly F&B reports.
- To ensure that all data is recorded properly by the respecting kitchen staff and filed correctly for future reference.
- Check on a daily basis pastry counters, buffets and displays for the restaurants including the staff restaurant and banquets.
- Attend site visits for potential outside caterings.
- Attend operations and set-up during outside caterings to evaluate eventual hygiene gaps.
- Attend any visit of the governmental body in terms of food hygiene and encourage a positive working relation.
- Contribute sourcing new suppliers and ensure all suppliers are visited regularly to evaluate their production in terms of hygiene.
- Develop a regular pest control programme with the Stewarding department to ensure prevention.
- Conduct regular meetings with third party hygiene consultants to discuss critical points.
- To collect food samples from events and outside caterings for future reference.
- Spot check on receiving area for food hygiene and vendor product quality to ensure the hotel’s criteria is met.
- Be flexible to assist the operation when and as required during operational peaks or seasonal festivities.
- Ensure to withhold and not to disclose any details or administrative communications, personal information or overheard conversations in the office to others.
Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Gastronomic education certificate or equivalent (apprenticeship/diploma/BA/Bsc)
- Must show signs of career development
- HACCP certification (a plus)
- Minimum 1-3 years in similar experience.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment:
- English – excellent oral skills
- Additional language – beneficial
- Ability to work independently, thrive under pressure in challenging circumstances and come up with proactive, rational solutions
- Ability to establish and retain effective working relationships with hotel staff and clients/vendors
- Ability to identify and delegate tasks effectively
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Applying a professional, confidential and ethical approach at all times
- Working in a safe, prudent and organized manner
- Knowledgeable of food safety regulations
- Computer literacy adapted to the field of culinary
- Ability to operate computer and office equipment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Passionate for Food & Beverage
- People Oriented
- Passionate for European luxury
- Business Acumen
- Sense of responsibility
- Team player
- Flexible and reliable
- Tolerant and open minded
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.