Jobs In Ghana 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Underground Mining Alliance Ltd. (“UMA”) is a Joint Venture between African Underground Mining Services Limited (AUMS) and Rocksure International carrying out underground development and production works for the AngloGold Ashanti (Obuasi) Mine.
UMA is seeking to employ qualified and experienced persons to fill the following position. These are Obuasi based Fixed Term positions with a competitive work roster at its operations in Obuasi. Remuneration package includes attractive salary and performance-based incentive payments for the right candidates.
The positions will provide you with an excellent opportunity to further develop your career in underground mechanised mining while working alongside experienced industry professionals in a safe, dynamic and outcome focused environment.
Position: Heavy Duty Fitters
Number of vacant Positions – Nine (9)
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Driving to the task locations underground and surface.
- Inspecting trucks, Bogger, IT , Jumbo, cranes, bulldozers, and other heavy equipment for proper performance.
- Diagnosing faults using computerized testing equipment.
- Adjusting equipment and replacing faulty parts.
- Repairing damaged equipment parts.
- Cleaning, lubricating, and conducting routine services on heavy-duty vehicles.
- Cleaning and servicing of machine attachments like winches, blades, and side booms.
- Performing major repair work when necessary.
- Consulting with other mechanics on smaller jobs.
- Reporting damaged or faulty equipment to supervisor.
Required Skills or Experience
Desired Skills, Educational Qualification & Experience
- Minimum of 3 (Three) years’ preferably Underground experience in Hard Rock mining in a mechanized mine operating Underground Haulage equipment.
- NVTI Part III / diploma or Degree in Mechanical Engineering from a recognized institution.
- MINCOM Certification as a Heavy Equipment Mechanic/Fitter will be an added advantage.
- Proven work experience as a Diesel or Heavy Equipment Mechanic in a mining environment.
- Experience with Sandvik LH517I, LH621, LH517 and LH514 Boggers in tele-remote bogging in underground mining industry is an added advantage.
- Must possess a valid Ghanaian driving and operating licenses (C & E Classes) and can drive underground.
- Basic understanding of computer testing technologies.
- Able to demonstrate an appropriate safety consciousness
- A proactive attitude toward safety and hazard identification.
- Ability to lift heavy machinery.
- Extensive knowledge of diesel engines and mining/construction equipment.
- Flexibility and willingness to assist with varied tasks and responsibilities
- Ability to work after-hours if required.
- Good communication skills.
- Demonstrated abilities to work within a team environment with leadership abilities;
- Must demonstrate strong work ethics and be able to communicate courteously with co-workers;
- Ability to work under pressure and ability to work on shift rotation;
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How To Apply
Eligible candidates will be selected after the interview process and evaluated for suitability in terms of behavioural characteristics, organisational fitness, capability to work with the relevant complexity of work and ability to establish and maintain a positive and engaging culture with all stakeholders.
When applying, please follow the guidelines below to maximize the success of your application:
- Limit your Curriculum Vitae (CV) to four (4) pages
- Your CV must include demographic detail, qualifications, work experience and a minimum of two referees
- List your most recent positions first.
- Include copies of relevant, original certificates and academic records
Applications, together with detailed curriculum vitae and proof of qualifications, should be submitted by the deadline date to
before or on 16th April 2021.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.