Jobs In Ghana 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Underground Mining Alliance Ltd. (“UMA”) is a Joint Venture between African Underground Mining Services Limited (AUMS) and Rocksure International carrying out underground development and production works for the AngloGold Ashanti (Obuasi) Mine.
UMA is seeking to employ qualified and experienced persons to fill the following position. These are Obuasi based Fixed Term positions with a competitive work roster at its operations in Obuasi. Remuneration package includes attractive salary and performance-based incentive payments for the right candidates.
The positions will provide you with an excellent opportunity to further develop your career in underground mechanised mining while working alongside experienced industry professionals in a safe, dynamic and outcome focused environment.
Role: Accounts Officer (One position)
Place of Work: Obuasi/Accra Office
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Assisting the Accounting Manager in the maintenance of the financial accounting operations to achieve agreed performance standards and goals.
- Processing and analysing the financial transactions of the company, including but not limited to:
- Processing of all accounts payable and receivable transactions into pronto ERP
- Processing and maintaining General Ledger transactions.
- Supervising site petty cash reconciliations and ensure timely submissions to the Head office for month end processing.
- Assisting with end of month processes and reconciliations, payroll, and salary sacrifice arrangements.
- Preparing internal financial reports as may be required, including monthly site cost reports.
- Assisting with the preparation of the company’s annual financial statements as may be required.
- Occasionally assist with on-site sub-contractor management issues as may be required by the Commercial Manager.
- Assisting with End of Year inventory stock takes.
- A minimum of University 1st Degree in Accounting and/or Finance (or equivalent Qualification)
- ACCA I would be an added advantage
Desired Skills & Experience
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience as an Accounts Officer and/or Assistant Accountant
- Ability to work autonomously/independently or with little supervision.
- Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge in Excel
- Previous experience in software management and in an underground mining working environment would be an added advantage.
- Must be conversant with regulatory requirements with good understanding of the Taxation Act of the Republic of Ghana.
- Demonstrated abilities to work within a team environment with leadership abilities;
- Must demonstrate strong work ethics and be able to communicate courteously with co-workers;
- Ability to work under pressure and ability to work on shift rotation;
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How To Apply
Eligible candidates will be selected after the interview process and evaluated for suitability in terms of behavioural characteristics, organisational fitness, capability to work with the relevant complexity of work and ability to establish and maintain a positive and engaging culture with all stakeholders.
When applying, please follow the guidelines below to maximize the success of your application:
- Limit your Curriculum Vitae (CV) to four (4) pages
- Your CV must include demographic detail, qualifications, work experience and a minimum of two referees
- List your most recent positions first.
- Include copies of relevant, original certificates and academic records
Applications, together with detailed curriculum vitae and proof of qualifications, should be submitted by the deadline date to
before or on 16th April 2021.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.