Human Resource Management Jobs In Tamale, Northern Region : Human Resources & Administration Manager - MEDA GhanaHuman Resource Management Jobs In Ghana 2021
Jobs In Tamale, Northern Region 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The Human Resources & Administration Manager will support the Ghana Country Director (CD) and the Project Manager by overseeing effective Human Resources and Administrative functions.? In the Human Resource (HR) area, the Manager will develop and implement HR systems including: HR policies; recruitment and selection; salary and benefit administration; performance management; and training and development to ensure a positive and inclusive work environment.
The Administrative functions include: procurement and maintenance of assets, equipment, and supplies; safety and security systems for both staff and assets; administrative support to the project team; and assisting the CD in developing and maintaining government relations as required.
The HR and Administration Manager will oversee the anticipated project’s administrative, security and driving staff. As part of the in-country senior management team, the Manager will collaborate closely with other functional managers of the project and contribute to its overall success.
- Lead the development and implementation of appropriate HR policies that comply with MEDA’s HR guidelines and local Ghanaian legislation, including a Performance Management Process.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Manage payroll and salary administration system, conduct periodic salary surveys to ensure that MEDA’s salary scale is fair and positioned to attract and retain top quality staff.
- Manage all staff benefits and insurance, ensuring that appropriate coverage is in place.
- Manage the safety and security functions including: developing a Field Security Manual with support from MEDA HQ; monitoring staff travel; managing MEDA’s fleet of vehicles; and providing logistical and security support to international visitors.
- Maintain personnel files including tracking of employee data (vacation time, contract dates, salary letters, benefits, training, etc.) and ensuring proper employment contracts are signed and on file.
- Monitor team morale and assist the Country Director, Project Manager, and Deputy Project Manager to address issues promptly.
- Participate in the project’s senior management team.
- Prepare appropriate project reports and statistics to the Project Manager and participate in periodic planning processes as required (annual, semi-annual, quarterly).
- Oversee the procurement process in compliance with MEDA policy, donor guidelines and Ghanaian laws.
- Assist the CD in developing and maintaining appropriate government of Ghana relationships and complying with registration requirements, financial institutions.
- Directly supervise the work of staff as may be required in the HR/Admin department.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for legal counsel, and ensure the project is in full compliance with Ghanaian regulations and law.
- Ensure that a system for staff development and career progression is in place.
- Manage the whole recruitment and selection process from the vacancy announcement till selecting employees to fill vacant positions and develop the needed forms and templates that facilitates selecting the qualified and competent candidate.
- Manage complex employee relations casework including dispute resolutions, disciplinaries, grievances, absence, retirement, and redundancy.
- Manage all issues related to Social Security; enrollment of new staff, canceling the resigned employees, reviewing the quarterly statement to ensure that no penalties are added to the Organization’s account and all the transactions are accurate.
- Identify legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are compliant.
- Manage and/or supervise all travel processes, including securing work permits, entry visas for visiting staff and other stakeholders, and travel of local staff.
Any other duties and/or requirements as assigned
Education: Master of Arts or Science in Human Resources, Management and/or Administration.
Experience: A minimum of 10 years’ experience in the management of human resources systems within a complex organization.
ADVERTISEMENT CONTINUE READING BELOW
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Appreciation and support of MEDA’s mission, vision, and values.
- Understanding and appreciation of business principles, international development and MEDA’s approach of creating business solutions to poverty.
- Experience with human resources and procurement management in compliance with requirements of major donors.
- Demonstrated successful experience with staff supervision, recruitment and selection, performance management and salary scale maintenance is required.
- Demonstrated experience developing and maintaining government relationships.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience dealing with issues of a confidential and sensitive nature.
- Experience in the design and development of various HR systems for a project start-up is an asset.
- Fluency in English (written and verbal) is required.
- Proficiency in local languages spoken in northern regions of Ghana is an asset.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.