Jobs In Ghana 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The Assistant Technical Support Officer at National Identification Authority (NIA) under the general guidance of the Regional Registration Officer and District Registration Officer, shall have the following responsibilities:
- Installing and configuring computer hardware, operating systems, licenses and applications;
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks;
- Troubleshooting system and network problems either in person or remotely, diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults;
- Replacing mobile registration workstation, printer and printer server parts as required;
- Managing multiple cases and requests at one time;
- Setting up new users' accounts and profiles and dealing with password issues;
- Supporting the roll-out, implementation, testing and evaluation of new technology and applications;
- Assisting with the implementation of technical policy on the online presence, design, integration, content management, maintenance support of websites and intranet;
- Conducting networks and electrical safety checks on computer equipment;
- Providing daily, weekly, monthly and regular reports including procedural documentation and relevant reports;
- Escalating unresolved issues and faults to the Technology and Biometrics Department;
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Capturing onto the enrolment system, the personal information of applicants as recorded on the Registration Application Form;
- Capturing the biometric information such as the fingerprints, irises and pictures of applicants using a Mobile Registration Workstation (MRW);
- Ensuring the accurate capture of data input(s) received from the Assistant Registration Officer(s);
- Managing the printer and print server to ascertain the status of National Identity cards in print;
- Printing and issuing National identity cards to applicants;
- Printing, sorting, shipping and issuance of National ID cards in backlog to designated District Registration offices;
- Assisting in the conduct of training and orientation for the Assistant Technical Enrolment Officers (ATEOs);
- Performing any other duties that would be assigned by the Executive Secretary or the Regional Registration Officer from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience
The Applicant must have:
- A minimum qualification of a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information System (MIS) or related discipline from a recognised tertiary institution or equivalent professional qualification;
- At least one (1) year post-qualification relevant working experience which combines basic information technology and computer networking and hardware prior to working with the National Identification Authority
- A minimum of six (6) months working experience with NIA;
- Proven completion of National Service.
Competencies and Skills
- A high sense of integrity and maturity;
- Excellent leadership skills;
- Ability to think logically;
- Possession of a good memory of how software and operating systems work;
- Highly computer literate;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Willingness to work for long and at odd hours;
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Ability to work well in a team;
- Able to handle large numbers of requests and assignments and supervise the data
- collection process;
- Ability to deal effectively with challenging field operational issues;
- Ability to work with little or no supervision;
- Agility and ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Fluency in written and spoken English;
- Excellent Report Writing skills;
- Willingness to accept posting to any part of the country.
Salary and other Conditions of Service: As applicable in the Public Service
How To Apply
Applications should be submitted with the following supporting documents:
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Certified photocopies of academic and professional certificates;
- Addresses of three (3) referees, including telephone numbers and e-mails;
- The cover letter should indicate applicant’s region and district of residence.
The application, together with the above-listed documents should be forwarded to:
THE EXECUTIVE SECRETARY
NATIONAL IDENTIFICATION AUTHORITY
P. O. BOX M680,
MINISTRIES POST OFFICE, ACCRA
Via the Link : https://recruitment.niaofficial.com
CLOSING DATE : Not later than 5th April 2021
NB: All unsolicited applications previously submitted to NIA shall not be considered;
Only shortlisted applicants shall be contacted.
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.