Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
GIZ is a public-benefit federal enterprise. We work on behalf of the German Government and support many public and private sector clients in a wide variety of areas, including economic development and employment, energy and the environment, and peace and security. Our activities cover three priority areas: Energy and Climate, which deals with renewable energy and energy efficiency; Training and Sustainable Growth for Decent Jobs; and Peaceful and Inclusive Societies, which focuses on good governance.
Scope of the Role
- The Human Resource Officer is responsible for delivering general HR services towards the achievement of the human resource strategy particularly in the areas of recruitment, learning and development, compensation and benefits, employee engagement and employee relations.
- The HR Officer deputizes for the Head of HR and supports the implementation of HR policies and procedures as required.
- Responsible for the project or department vacancy planning and the effective management and delivery of the recruitment process of all levels of employees ensuring procedures are followed to fill the vacancy with the most suitable candidate in a timely and efficient manner.
- Determine the appropriate contract based on national labour law and the material and formal conditions and draw up the employment contract based on the standard GIZ contract and local hiring conditions.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Oversee immigration process (invitation and introductory letters) and advise employees on immigration issues to maintain compliance with all applicable immigration rules and regulations.
- Formulate/update human resource policies and procedures for management approval, update the employee handbook to reflect any changes in consultation with company lawyer and ensure all HR policies are duly implemented and adhered to
- Ensure that payroll functions smoothly.
- Coordinate learning and development programmes and ensure that employees identified training and developmental needs are met within agreed periods by developing periodical training plans and training calendars to meet training needs identified.
- Resolve and effectively advise team leaders and employees in dealing with employee relations issues and maintaining good relations.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Qualification Required & Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelors’ Degree in HR Management or a related field with a relevant HR professional certification e.g. CIPD, IHRMP, PHRi or SHRM
- At least 5 years’ professional experience in the same or comparable position
- Experience with HRIS/Applicant Tracking databases is a plus.
- Knowledge of HR software and MS Suite are essential and good presentation skills.
- Familiar with HR systems, processes, and procedures and advisory on HR Issues
- Good Knowledge of Industrial Relations/ National labour and social law
- Impressive track record in a service provider and governance role
- Awareness of how to handle HR issues appropriately (confidentiality, data protection)
How To Apply
Interested and suitable applicants are to forward their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a one-page cover letter to:
under the Job Code 2021/CO/03/01. Please note if you do not hear from us two (2) weeks after the deadline, please consider application unsuccessful.
Closing Date: 6th April, 2021
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity. All qualified candidates regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, race, and religion are encouraged to apply.
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.