Jobs In Obuasi 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as MAINTENANCE MANAGER – FACILITIES, SERVICES & FLEET
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The Maintenance Manager – Facilities, Services & Fleet is accountable for the development and implementation of world-class maintenance practices for Underground and Surface Mobile Plant, and infrastructure/facilities maintenance. The application of operational engineering policies, standards, systems, and procedures to maximise plant availability in a sustainable, cost-effective manner and minimise operational risks to meet the business’ strategic objective.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Deliver the Safety Management plan elements for the areas under the incumbent’s control.
- Provide technical input to the management to develop the safety management plan, consistent with AGA’s standards.
- Review the application of safety standards and work practices for the area.
- Apply HSE regulations with zero tolerance to breaches.
- Demonstrate safety behaviour consistent with AGAG’s vision and values.
- Lead by example to create a safe working environment, where risks are assessed and managed, so tasks are performed without risk of injury or harm.
- Continuously seek opportunities to improve design and field safety performance.
- Execute the maintenance activities, following the Government of Ghana’ legislations, directives and guidance.
- Issue environmental-related instructions to any employees at the workplace as required to achieve compliance.
- As a minimum, achieve zero reportable environmental incidents, zero compliance breaches and no events requiring public disclosure.
- Establish the team required to support the role holder in executing the work and operational budget.
- Using AGA’s How we Work guidelines, clearly define the roles and accountabilities of subordinates.
- Prepare and execute training and development plans.
- Ensure the organisation structure is capable of delivering the maintenance strategy.
- Provide input to Operational Readiness for the Fleet, Facilities and Services maintenance throughout the operation.
- Engage and develop appropriately skilled, capable, and experienced personnel in the area of accountability.
- Ensure the work carried out by the maintenance team is of a standard that supports the operational requirements of the equipment and is at optimum cost.
- Identify sub-standard work practices and take action to eliminate them and identify the root cause of these poor work practices.
- Assign tasks to subordinates in line with achieving the agreed production plan.
- Lead a team of engineers to specify, design, analyse and verify new components and systems.
- Prepare the departmental budget that supports the company’s objectives and strategy.
- Ensure cost impacts in the area of accountability are evaluated, approved, and budget is revised.
- Identify, communicate, and implement potential cost reduction initiatives.
- Manage the department in line with the operational budget.
- Identify all current and potential risks promptly to Maintenance activities utilising the established Risk Management System, identifying activities and strategies to eliminate, manage or mitigate these risks.
- Develop an asset management strategy in the area of accountability based on the Obuasi Operations expected life of mine (LOM).
- Utilise the SAP asset maintenance management system in maintenance activities.
- Develop and maintain the Engineering Management Plan as a key Project Execution Plan sub-plan in the area of accountability.
- Provide input and support into establishing and maintaining Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), budget, schedule, and construction work packs for refurbishment activities.
- Participate in internal and external audits as required.
- Continuously identify opportunities to improve cost, schedule, quality and safety outcomes to all engineering, mining, refurbishment and construction activities undertaken.
- Support the Senior Manager – Engineering by providing input into the development of the commissioning plan for the underground infrastructure.
- Inspect all refurbishment works to ensure works are delivered in accordance with applicable designs, specifications and expectations.
- Proactively identify and manage change to avoid the potential cost, schedule and quality issues.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Maintenance Engineering, or equivalent.
- Financial, Commercial and Project management through work experience and courses.
- An experienced mechanical/ maintenance engineer with 10+ years’ experience in an underground environment.
- HME/LME experience
- Surface Mine Infrastructure (SMI), and Surface Support Infrastructure (SSI) maintenance background. Experience in management of Maintenance and Repair Contracts (MARC) and Mobile equipment.
- Experience in Project Management
- Knowledge of SAP PM module.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Strong maintenance competencies in fixed plants and mobile equipment
- Sound project management skills
- Should have analytical skills to be able to evaluate information and solve complex problems.
- Detail-oriented to understand complex systems, and recognition that a minor error can cause major problems.
- Commercially astute and able to work effectively with third parties.
- Legally astute to project delivery and maintenance systems.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Project and Excel
- Must be able to communicate about technical issues both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge in AGA standards
- Knowledge in OEM legalities and mining regulations
- Demonstrated understanding of good engineering practices
- and the implementation of proactive maintenance strategies.
- Build and sustain a team of subordinates capable of producing those outputs.
- Continuously improve the processes used by the team in delivering outputs.
- Model work behaviours for your subordinates,
- Consistent with the company values
- Proven ability to initiate and drive the construction project through its life cycle.
- To support and motivate the construction project team to deliver the project goals.
- Finding innovative solutions through creative thinking and problem-solving.
- Create an environment of teamwork and willingness to help coworkers
- Able to work different kinds of people
- Organizational skills to keep track of many workers, schedules, and budgets all at once.
- Must possess Engineering Managers Certificate of Competency from Mineral Commission of Ghana.
- Professional Certificated Engineer with a relevant certification body
- The ability to obtain both.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.