Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
University Research Co., LLC (URC) is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
Established in 1965, URC offers a range of technical assistance to strengthen health and social systems and service quality by empowering communities and health workers to identify and scale up locally appropriate solutions to critical problems. Internationally, we expand access to and improve the quality of services addressing maternal, newborn, and child health; infectious diseases, including HIV/AIDS, TB, and malaria; reproductive health and family planning; food and nutrition; and vulnerable children and families. In the US, we focus on improving communication related to issues like substance abuse, with a particular focus on reaching underserved populations.
URC’s mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission (http://www.urc-chs.com/).
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Region and Project Overview:
The Global, Latin America and Caribbean, and West Africa Region has projects spanning various health areas, including HIV/AIDS, TB, MNCH, and malaria, and in cross-cutting areas such as health systems strengthening, community mobilization, quality improvement (QI), and social and behavior change communications.
URC is seeking a Chief of Party (COP) for a potential USAID-funded QI health project in Ghana. This position is subject to project award and funding.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The COP will provide the overall strategic direction and technical oversight for the USAID/Ghana – Quality Integrated Health Systems Activity. S/he also will have the primary responsibility of liaising with USAID and other key health stakeholders in Ghana. As part of overseeing and ensuring successful program implementation, the COP is expected to guide the technical vision and program approach along with managing project teams and consortium members. The COP will also safeguard the project’s and URC’s resources by complying with award terms and conditions, USAID, and all other applicable policies and regulations mitigating risks of fraud, waste, and abuse in all aspects of project operations and administration.
The COP's roles and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide technical leadership and managerial oversight in the design and implementation of project strategy.
- Provide overall support during program implementation, including overseeing key personnel, technical project support, and all other sub-grantees involved.
- Coordinate all external technical assistance.
- Supervise development and implementation of improved systems to support local organizations, including program planning, implementation, resource allocation, monitoring, and evaluation related project activities.
- Develop work plans and processes for results reporting.
- Design and oversee annual project planning cycle to develop comprehensive annual work plans, assure timely disbursement of funds and results reporting for the project.
- Ensure efficient function in administrative and financial processes and maintain adequate internal controls.
- Ensure monitoring and reporting of project results, and direct quality control mechanisms throughout the life of the project.
- Report to the USAID Mission regularly to ensure transparency and awareness of project development and implementation, remaining cognizant of issues as they arise.
- Represent the project at meetings with donors, MoH officials, roundtables, working groups, and conferences.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Demonstrated experience in Ghana required. Ghanaian Nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
- 10 years of experience designing, implementing, and managing national, priority health service projects in developing or middle-income countries.
- Prior experience working with USAID and other international donors and knowledge of USAID and US Government policies and procedures is preferred.
- Master’s degree in health or social sciences, or a related advanced degree relevant to the field of global public health.
- Strong leadership skills and demonstrated experience in health systems strengthening/QI, with expertise in one or more of the following technical areas: health economics, health financing, government-to-government agreements, leadership, and governance.
- Experience managing improvement interventions and technical/institutional capacity building programs primarily through a technical assistance approach.
- The COP must also have demonstrated experience interacting with host county governments and counterparts and international donor agencies.
- Strong written and oral communications skills in English is required.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.