Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Mastercard Foundation seeks a world where everyone has the opportunity to learn and prosper. Through its Young Africa Works strategy and Canadian EleV program, the Foundation works with partners to ensure that millions of young people, especially young women, access quality education, financial services and dignified work. Mastercard Foundation was established in 2006 through the generosity of Mastercard when it became a public company. The Foundation is independent with its own Board of Directors and CEO.
THE WORK AT THE FOUNDATION
We have entered a very exciting time at the Foundation as we scale up our operations across Africa to realize our Young Africa Works strategy. Our role at the Mastercard Foundation is to be a catalyst. Our Young Africa Works strategy focuses on working with others to spur systemic change so young people have the opportunity to find work that is dignified and fulfilling.
The Foundation has opened offices in Rwanda, Kenya, Ghana, Senegal, Ethiopia, Nigeria and Uganda, building a broader leadership presence in Africa to develop specific strategies that support youth employment. Within a country, we work with governments, the private sector, educators and other funders to improve the quality of education and vocational training, prepare young people for the work force, expand access to financial services for entrepreneurs and small businesses, and connect job seekers to dignified and fulfilling work.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
We are ambitious and driven. Our values transcend and rise above everything else as our guide. We encourage you to bring your bold ideas, curiosity, and expertise to your work. We laugh at ourselves and with each other. We are a team. Our journey together makes our impact even more meaningful.
We have entered a very exciting time at the Foundation as we scale up our operations across Africa to realize our Young Africa Works strategy. If you are an experienced Information Technology professional ready to build something new and increase your impact, read on!
Reporting to the Lead, Cybersecurity Africa Region, the Security Operations Analyst will play a critical role as a subject matter expert and technical resource responsible for identifying and responding to cyber threats, monitoring infrastructure using advanced security technologies, identifying cyber events, responding to malicious activity, and remediating security vulnerabilities. This individual will respond to requests from staff, perform regular security assessments on network connected devices and provide security guidance and training for Foundation staff.
The Security Operations Analyst will coordinate projects from planning to implementation phases with minimal supervision. Furthermore, they are responsible for supporting end user, server, and network defense, including auditing for security vulnerabilities, developing solutions for security issues, investigating and reporting on security breaches, and implementing mitigating actions.
WAYS YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
- Support a sophisticated and modern cybersecurity function, that addresses global and local risk.
- Research emerging threats and vulnerabilities to aid in the identification of security incidents, and support the creation of new architecture, policies, standards, and guidelines to address them.
- Monitor security vulnerabilities, threats and events in end user, network, and servers; anticipate new security threats and stay up to date with evolving trends.
- Support the establishment of cybersecurity capabilities in multiple countries in Africa as the organization continues to expand its physical presence on the continent.
- Influence a culture of security awareness and effective communication.
- Safeguard and ensure that appropriate security measures are in place to protect information and systems, and actively monitoring IT risks and implement mitigation strategies.
- Remain current with trends and new developments in the Cybersecurity space (including malware, breaches, and emerging technologies).
- Provide incident response support, including mitigating actions to contain activity and facilitating forensics analysis when necessary.
- Conducts infrastructure monitoring and intrusion detection analysis using various computer defense tools, such as intrusion detection/prevention systems (IDS/IPS), firewalls, host-based security system (HBSS), Endpoint Detection & Response (EDR), etc.
- Correlate user activity across infrastructure components (Endpoints, network & servers) to identify trends of unauthorized use.
- Review alerts and data from sensors and draft incident report documents
- Test new infrastructure & services (e.g., computers, software, network infrastructure, etc. before implementation to ensure security.
- Manage security awareness program and perform security awareness training for all staff.
- Monitor performance of vendors of all cybersecurity systems and tools, including software, subscriptions, and training.
- Engage others to build and maintain relationships with all internal and external stakeholders globally.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
WHO YOU ARE
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma and/or certificate in IT related fields.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Analyst roles within IT & information security, vendor management, application development, legacy systems transformations, and/or business software package selection and implementation.
- Knowledge of technologies hosted in Azure and/or AWS cloud environments and cybersecurity technologies including SIEM, DLP, HIPS, AV, PAM, and preferable Microsoft EMS, McAfee, Darktrace, and Fortinet.
- Possesses a beginner level of cybersecurity, network and infrastructure expertise coupled with a high ability to learn new technologies.
- Experience in cyber threat monitoring and response, threat remediation and threat intelligence preferable.
- Understands how emerging technologies and service providers can be utilized to improve existing systems and/or increase operational efficiency.
- Exceptional project management, analytic and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to travel internationally up to 10% of the time in the future.
- Results driven and motivated by a sense of performance excellence and a sense of urgency; possesses a proactive and ‘self-starter’ mentality.
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to execute a range of job duties and changing priorities.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to articulate information to a variety of constituents across cultures.
- Professional maturity, sensitivity with different cultures, and impeccable integrity that exemplify the Foundation’s values.
- You have a commitment to Mastercard Foundation’s values and vision.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.