Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
This candidate that will succeed in this position will work within the Projects department, reporting to the Project Manager, to plan, monitor, and control as well as coordinate all activities associated with Project Quality as well as any site-based activities relating to Health & Safety, Sub-Contractor Management & Resource Management. He/she will be responsible for ensuring that the project scope is accurately reflected in a project design pack and that the subcontractors used to undertake the work do so in a manner that meets all the requirements outlined in the Helios Towers (HT) Quality and Health & Safety Plan. He /she will work collectively with the Project Supervisor to jointly support the Project Manager. QA Engineer will also assist the Project Manager to conduct a full project review.
Individual must be willing to travel across all the regions in Ghana and must know how to drive with valid driving license.
Project Quality Plan:
- Coordinate and supervise project quality plan and ensure a systematic methodology for verifying all quality controls related activities and ensure they are adhered to throughout the project life cycle.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Ensure the project scope is accurately reflected in the Project Design Pack by taking key site information (Tower, Power, Layout) and approving design pack, inclusive of Bill of Materials & Bill of Quantities, which can be executed by sub-contractors
- Ensure that the design pack conforms to the HT Technical Specifications, HT Installation Manual and customer requirements.
- Own and execute Quality Control activities to ensure final product meets the quality standards defined in the HT Installation Manual.
Quality Assurance Reviews:
- Responsible for the execution of the Quality assurance review of both HT works and works undertaken by the client on HT sites.
- Ensure As Built documentation from Sub-Contractors & Clients are complete and accurate.
Capability Quality Assurance:
- Train Sub-contractors in the HT Installation Standards and Quality Assurance Processes
Health & Safety- Risk Assessments & Method Statements:
‘The employee shall at all times follow Helios Towers SHEQ Policies, Procedures and Standards, and engage fully with all SHEQ requirements, expectations and campaigns that may be applicable to their role.’
- Ensure that all stakeholders adhere to the HSE regulations in the region.
- Ensure that field teams report all SHEQ incidents on site.
- Report near miss and observation as indicated by the SHEQ team
- Adhere to all driving requirement and report any incident and or accident within 24 hours
- Review Sub-Contractor Risk Assessments & Method Statements and ensure they are fit for purpose and comply with HT H&S standards.
- Ensure all job hazard analysis are conducted on all project executed
- Review designs and installations to ensure that sites are ICNIRP compliant.
- Conduct onsite reviews to ensure all works are being executed as planned.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Act as the main point of contact (POC) for appointed sub-contractors onsite ensuring the receipt of regular progress reports and scheduling inspection, test & commissioning visits to site.
- Arrange access to site in line with the project delivery schedule and contracted dates.
- Maintain Sub-Contractor quality performance data. Identify potential risks and issues and escalate them within the HT projects organisation.
- Manage the closure of snags and incomplete works identified during the QA process.
Risk Management & Scope:
- Take a risk management approach to identify and manage opportunities and risks that maximize the potential of successfully achieving the project success criteria. Project Engineer will be responsible for the escalation of project risks and issues to the Project Supervisor and Project Manager.
Site Electrical Installations:
- Familiar with proper installation procedures for power infrastructure and reticulation at BTS sites.
- Competent to ensure integration of power infrastructure and conduct acceptance tests.
- Ensure all electrical compliance standards and Specifications are met.
- Reading and interpreting design schematics to ensure the proper installation of electrical systems. Provide technical support and troubleshooting system issues and equipment malfunctions.
- Have knowledge in telecom site electrical systems – OSS, RMS, AC, DC and other alarm systems, hybrid Automation. Understand the operations of a diesel generator and ATS system.
- Project Management certification
- Diploma/ Degree qualified in an engineering/ project management field.
- Quality & Health & Safety certification preferable
- Be part of a relevant professional body.
- 3-5 years relevant experience preferably in complex engineering (Electrical energy, civil, etc.) or capital type projects and can demonstrate or have evidence of successfully coordinating, controlling or supervising projects.
- Experience in telecom cell site electrical, earthing and alarm system installations
- Experience in supervising or managing Health and Safety aspects of projects desirable
- Computer Literate (Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook)
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Accountability – Ability to take accountability for a project/ projects as well as hold other accountable in order to achieve project and organizational objectives.
- Results Orientated – Desire to achieve and exceed customer expectations and take past learnings to improve how HT operates
- Leading others – Ability to contribute to a vision and lead a team (project/ organization) to achieve that vision.
- Team building – Able to develop individuals and groups into a team to achieve project objectives.
- Good Communicator – Ability to efficiently and effectively communicate throughout the whole organization. Understanding clearly what each stakeholder requires and how best to communicate.
- Customer Understanding – Understand the markets that customers operate in to enable the definition of project success criteria and prioritization of resource to meet the needs of our customers.
- Process Oriented – Understand that good process drives efficiency and consistency within an organization and a project
- Change Oriented – Desire to constantly improve how an organization operates and the results of an organization/ project
How To Apply
This Job Listing Has Expired
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.