Jobs In Brong Ahafo Region 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Free the Slaves (FTS) is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization dedicated to ending human trafficking and modern slavery worldwide – with a focus on dismantling the economic, political and social systems that allow slavery to persist. We combine world-class research, innovative frontline community activism, targeted advocacy and compelling communications to alert the world that slavery still exists but can be overcome. We work with grassroots organizations to free people from slavery and help them rebuild their lives.
We record and share survivor stories so people in power can see slavery and be inspired to work for freedom. We enlist businesses to clean slavery out of their product supply chains and empower consumers to avoid slavery-tainted products. We work with governments to implement effective anti-slavery laws and hold them to their commitments. We research what works and what does not, so that resources can be efficiently focused. Our headquarters is in Washington DC; we have operations in India, Nepal, Ghana, Haiti, Senegal and the Dominican Republic. To learn more about Free the Slaves, visit: www.freetheslaves.net.
Free the Slaves has worked in Ghana for 15 years, and established a formal field office presence in Ghana in late 2013. The Ghana office works to address child labor slavery, human trafficking and sexual exploitation in informal mining and fishing communities, in collaboration with Ghanaian civil society organizations. Free the Slaves collaborates with and advocates to relevant agencies of the Ghana government to strengthen the government’s ability to respond to modern slavery. Free the Slaves also collaborates with broader development and human rights organizations to incorporate anti-trafficking efforts into their relevant programs in Ghana. To read more about our work in Ghana, see: https://www.freetheslaves.net/ghana.
ADVERTISEMENT CONTINUE READING BELOW
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Free the Slaves’ Ghana office seeks a Project Coordinator with strong background in community mobilisation and engagement for a program to support the government of Ghana combat human trafficking and modern slavery. The Project Coordinator will be responsible for leading the implementation of the program to combat cross boarder human trafficking, sexual exploitation and forced labour. The candidate will coordinate with program implementing partners, direct engagement with community members, deploying, measurement and reporting on the FTS Community Liberation Toolkit. The Project Coordinator reports to the Senior Country Program Manager. The Project Coordinator position will be based in Techiman, Bono East Region of Ghana with periodic travels to Bono, Oti and Greater Accra Regions.
- Enable FTS to define and implement a context-driven strategy in support of combatting human trafficking in targeted areas including identification and selection of affected communities, linking with effective organizations that are building local, national, and regional resistance to modern slavery.
- Coordinate with FTS implementing partners to implement their planned programs including field visits, conduct regular capacity building trainings, Ensure the FTS toolkit is accessed.
- Community engagement and mobilisation to build and enhance structures to combat human trafficking and modern slavery.
- Facilitate rescue, rehabilitation and reintegration processes for victims and survivors of modern slavery.
- Support FTS and partner advocacy efforts to influence policies, practices, and implementation of anti-modern slavery responsibilities by regional, district and community government agencies and other stakeholders.
- Document FTS work in the region, with organizations’ and individuals’ permission, through digital photography and written stories/testimonies and ensure materials are shared with the communications team as required.
- Other duties: As may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor.
Required Skills or Experience
- Passion for ending modern slavery and child exploitation.
- At least two years of work experience with community-based organizations
- Strong understanding of community-based approaches to development
- Degree in relevant field e.g., International Development, Sociology, Community/Social Work.
- Good written and spoken English and good spoken Twi or Bono
- Knowledge of how issues of child labour, child exploitation and human trafficking relate to other development, poverty, and human rights issues.
- Ability to work confidently with local government agencies, local NGOs and community leaders to develop collaborative efforts.
- Flexible approach to work, and ability to respond quickly to urgent needs in the field.
- Effective listening, conciliation, bridge-building and inter-personal skills
- Ability to manage budgets.
- Strong attention to detail
- Willingness to travel within Ghana.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word as well as Excel spreadsheets
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter describing your interest and qualifications, a resume and a list of references to
with "Project Coordinator [Your Name]” in the subject line. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Free the Slaves is an equal-opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.