Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The Programme Manager is a critical role at Education Partnerships Group (EPG), driving the planning, execution and monitoring of our projects in partnership with governments across sub-Saharan Africa. EPG currently has a range of projects in the pipeline awaiting final approval from funders and are looking to base our new Programme Manager(s) out of regional hubs in Nairobi or Accra, subject to funding being confirmed. Some proposals will take time to conclude and as such we are seeking applications for both locations, will identify suitable candidates on a rolling basis and will inform candidates of the timing depending on their location as funding progresses.
These Programme Managers will drive the establishment of new projects, in some cases in new geographies for EPG, and will play an important role in the design and delivery of technical assistance to ministries of education. This includes: cultivating and maintaining trusted relationships with senior Ministry officials and other key stakeholders; designing and delivering contextually-relevant advice and support to Government partners on education policy reform design, planning, implementation and monitoring; reviewing and drafting policy-related documents; coordinating and overseeing research and policy development work by commissioned partners and consultants; managing 1-2 Associates and overseeing all elements of project management; contributing to monitoring, feedback and evaluation mechanisms; and liaising with donors and funding partners.
The roles will usually require regular international travel, up to 35% of the time, though this will be subject to Covid-19 travel restrictions.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
The right candidate will be passionate about the role education plays in transforming lives and see this role as an opportunity to support the expansion of EPG’s system-wide approach to supporting governments to plan for and implement reform to improve learning outcomes globally.
She/he will find EPG an exciting and entrepreneurial environment and see this role as an opportunity to have a positive impact on improving children’s learning in low- and middle-income countries.
These roles may be based within the relevant Ministry of Education or associated agency, or in an office with EPG's other programme staff. In some instances, these roles may be home-based, depending on location. The role may require significant remote working and thus personal initiative and time management will be critical.
- JOB TITLE: Programme Manager - Multiple positions, subject to funding
- Location: Multiple - Nairobi, Accra
- Contract: 12-24 months, subject to funding
- Hours: Full-time (37.5 hours per week)
- Reporting to: Senior Programme Manager
- Cultivate and maintain trusted relationships with senior Ministry officials, maintaining regular contact and check-ins through in-person visits, meetings, workshops, and electronic communication;
- Cultivate and maintain trusted relationships with key stakeholders and Development Partners, including but not limited to major bilateral and multilateral donors, UN agencies, donor implementing partners and consultancies, national NGOs, advocacy groups;
- Work directly with senior officials in ministries of education and/or related agencies to design and deliver policy-related technical assistance aimed at shaping and strengthening the education system
- Where required, support the establishment and/or refinement of policy development, delivery and/or monitoring systems within ministries of education, including the creation of coordination structures, decision making and project monitoring systems and problem solving interventions;
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Where required, contribute to the design, delivery or commissioning of a range of policy-related work including the revision of existing policies, drafting of new policies, policy guidelines and standard operating procedures, including effective stakeholder management;
- Where required, oversee qualitative research projects and coordinate commissioned quantitative research, support associated analysis, development of policy recommendations and devise strategies to support government partners to ensure such evidence is used to inform policy change and education service delivery;
- Work in close partnership with the wider EPG global team to ensure efficient and high-quality delivery of all technical assistance projects and the exchange of insights and learning across projects;
- Participate in regular project and programme team meetings;
- Regularly review and update the project workplans and monitoring frameworks;
- Collaborate with colleagues to nurture new funding partnerships and deepen existing partnerships interested in EPG’s work;
- Participate in the development of EPG through regular team meetings, knowledge exchange, strategic internal projects and professional development;
- Willingness to travel internationally up to 35% of the time.
Required Skills or Experience
- A Master’s degree in Public Policy Administration, Social Sciences or a related field;
- Considerable professional experience in the public policy process, including policy analysis, review, design and implementation – both in the country you are applying for and internationally;
- A track record of high-level relationship building and management with senior Civil Servants and/or thought leaders in the public sector or civil society;
- Considerable professional experience in the design and delivery of policy-related projects;
- Strong written communications and presentation skills in English;
- Experience in research and evaluation design and an ability to analyse and interpret data;
- Strong interpersonal skills with a sense of humility and willingness to work with diverse team members, often remotely
- Commitment to EPG’s core values
- Responsive | we start from a place of “yes”
- Accountable | we accept ownership and healthy conflict
- Rigorous | we create and meet high expectations
- Inclusive | we seek diversity of perspectives and experiences
- Respectful | we are quick to listen and empathize
How To Apply
This Job Listing Has Expired
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.