Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
In close coordination with the US Embassy and USAID, the goal of the USAID/OTI-funded Littorals Regional Initiative (LRI) is to support US foreign policy priorities to shore up stability and prevent violent extremism in the Littoral region, including Ghana.
Initial objectives include:
- Rapidly delivering effective and relevant programming on the ground through targeted interventions that may be scaled up.
- Informing and improving USG programming by piloting approaches and sharing reporting.
- Providing rapid response capacity, from hiring STTAs to quick response activities, in the event of a crisis or opportunity.
The Finance Manager will be responsible to (1) ensure contractual requirements are met, based on USAID policies and procedures; (2) develop and implement financial procedures in compliance with Creative and USAID policies and procedures; (3) oversee procurement actions, activity execution, subcontracts and consulting agreements consistent with USAID and Creative procedures, (4) provide financial training and guidance to program staff and partners.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Ensure that the program meets all USAID contractual requirements and ensure compliance with USAID policies and regulations.
- Provide financial oversight, including the maintenance and monitoring of the program budget.
- Manage financial systems, files, and maintain Creative’s online accounting system.
- Liaise between Creative Associates' field and headquarters offices regarding all program financial matters and all internal or external audit requests, as needed.
- Process check requests and wire transfer requests for payments to vendors in compliance with contract requirements.
- Review and process invoices and in-field fee payments in accordance with Creative accounting procedures and contract policies.
- Manage personnel and payroll office staff and procedures.
- Participate in ongoing analysis, forecasting and review of program expenses.
- Track the transfer of funds between headquarters and the field office and manage accounting and finance records of in-country expenses, including developing tracking and monitoring all financial program activities, and maintaining current program expense data.
- Draft quarterly and annual financial reports on financial status of program expenses and budget information and forward to F&C for review and approval by the Controller.
- Prepare monthly field expense reports, and report monthly expenses to HQ Offices.
- Provide DCOP and/or COP with program’s current financial status.
- Provide financial management and systems training for program staff.
- Travel to field location(s) as necessary and provide oversight to field office financial systems and processes.
- Provide training and guidance to grantees, local partners, and beneficiaries, as needed.
- Review and approve the financial close-out of program activities, and verify documentation and information is complete.
- Monitor Exchange Rate Variances and update quarterly for each LRI country to inform procurements and payment.
- Manage VAT exemptions and reimbursements with Government of Ghana.
- Ensure program compliance with tax filing requirements in Ghana and other countries in the region, as required. Other duties as assigned by the DCOP or COP.
- Required Bachelor’s degree in relevant field (finance, accounting, business, etc.), Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant work experience.
- At least 6 years of general work experience is required.
- Experience managing the finances for a program of similar size.
- Experience with USAID program finances and budgeting (preferred) or similar work for other donors/U.S. Government agencies.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
- French language proficiency is highly desired.
- Must have existing work authorization for Ghana.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.