Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
In close coordination with the US Embassy and USAID, the goal of the USAID/OTI-funded Littorals Regional Initiative (LRI) is to support US foreign policy priorities to shore up stability and prevent violent extremism in the Littoral region, including Ghana.
Initial objectives include:
- Rapidly delivering effective and relevant programming on the ground through targeted interventions that may be scaled up.
- Informing and improving USG programming by piloting approaches and sharing reporting.
- Providing rapid response capacity, from hiring STTAs to quick response activities, in the event of a crisis or opportunity.
The Procurement & Logistics Officer will be responsible for reviewing overall procurement processes, tracking procurements of goods and services through the procurement cycle, ensuring that adequate competition is achieved for procurements, and providing regular procurement mentoring to staff to support project implementation.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Implement procurement processes and logistics operations for the program including grants, strictly following all rules and regulations as well as all stipulations established by USAID, Creative Associates and Ghanaian law. Rule and regulations include:
- ADS (Automated Directive System)
- FAR (Federal Acquisition Regulations)
- CFR (U.S. Code of Federal Regulations)
- AAPD (Acquisition & Assistance Policy Directive)
- Local Ghanaian Law
- Manage/maintain a registry and file system for procurements to allow for efficient document and process audits. The PLO will ensure that all procurement files, including proposals, evaluations, award documents, official contracts and correspondence, are stored on Creative’s online procurement and file storage systems on a real-time basis.
- Provide training on procurement and delivery of goods and services to program team, grantees, and beneficiaries as it pertains to established protocols by the program and local law.
- Manage account status for all credit accounts established with vendors.
- Supervise and verify the procurement of materials according to the context and or/needs of the beneficiary, community and/or activity.
- Develop and analyze technical specifications of materials, with consideration for investment, loss, and associated value; review and adjust budgets, as needed.
- Design and prepare Terms of Reference and/or technical specifications for materials, goods, and services, for contracts, acquisitions, and procurements, in collaboration with the program team. Ensure presentation of sufficient selection that meets requirements of quality assurance, delivery, and transparency.
- Work with local, national, and international vendors of goods and services to ensure quality, maintain professional distance required to ensure high ethical standards.
- Ensure competitive procurements by attracting potential vendors for the purchase of goods or services either through direct, bid invitation, or other mechanisms that ensure high standards of transparency.
- Conduct market research of vendors in multiple sectors through Expressions of Interest or Requests for Information.
- Develop Blanket Purchase Agreements on a rolling basis to update vendor costs.
- Designate or participate in evaluation committees for proposals submitted by the various vendors, according to the solicited terms of reference and regulations.
- Verify quality and quantity of products according to the context and/or needs of the beneficiary, community, and/or project.
- Process procurements according to respective rules and regulations.
- Maintain strict control of grant budgets, and financial expenditures.
- Coordinate delivery logistics with program team and/or grantees to obtain the required permits including delivery receipts.
- Coordinate transportation, permits, authorizations, insurance, loading and unloading of goods/materials, and financial allocation or related expenses under grants.
- Communicate all delivery schedules corresponding to grant and operations procurements, including the projection of related expenses.
- Verify deliverables are complete and done in a timely manner.
- Inventory Management: Responsible for maintaining inventory and producing accurate inventory reports in line with Creative and donor policies.
- Vehicle Management: Coordinate and maintain the office fleet management and efficient use of project vehicles and other transport services in support of program objectives.
- Travel Arrangements: Coordinate travel bookings for the state office – flights, hotel, airport pick up/drop off.
- Arranging regular maintenance of electrical equipment and safety devices.
- Perform other tasks, as assigned by the DCOP-Operations or the Chief of Party.
- University Degree in management, business administration, law or related field.
- At least 4 years of general work experience with at least 2 years of procurement experience.
- Prior USAID or other donor experience is highly desirable.
- Experience with budgeting and cost analysis.
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to develop tracking systems.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to function well in a team setting.
- Written and spoken fluency in English.
- Fluency in one or more of the local languages spoken in Ghana highly desired.
- Demonstrated ability to solve challenging and complicated administrative issues.
- Experience of working in a conflict environment is a plus.
- Must have existing work authorization for Ghana.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.