Jobs In Ghana 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Job Title: Physiotherapy Assistant
Professionally Accountable to: Supervising Physiotherapist, Service Director & Clients
Responsible to: Supervising Physiotherapist & Service Director
- To work with delegated clients who remain the responsibility of the Supervising Physiotherapist, often working without direct supervision
- To provide physiotherapy support to clients who have a range of physical health and wellbeing issues
- To engage clients and their carers in therapeutic programmes of care and encourages them in a compassionate manner, to support them in achieving their identified goals and to promote independence and well-being.
- To provide the best possible experience for clients and carers.
- To show commitment to and participate in quality improvement activities.
- To promote at all times a positive image of the Service.
ADVERTISEMENT CONTINUE READING BELOW
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Clinical Responsibilities, Patient Contact
- Works with Supervising Physiotherapists, preparing or helping clients to prepare for treatment and assisting in delivering therapeutic interventions designed by others.
- Works with delegated clients who remain the responsibility of the Supervising Physiotherapist, reporting back in a timely and appropriate manner. Clients may demonstrate behaviours that challenge or have difficult family situations of relevance.
- Delivers therapeutic interventions, designed by appropriate staff, to groups or individuals, observing and monitoring client progress and
making adjustments to interventions (within established protocols).
- Encourages clients/carers in a compassionate manner, to actively participate in their own therapy to support them in achieving their
- Provides information and practical advice, within scope of own competency, to clients and carers e.g. demonstrating exercise programmes for them to follow.
- Assists the clients in developing self-management routines as required, needed or requested
- Participates in health promotion activities.
- Provides information and updates at meetings on client progress, under the guidance of a Supervising Physiotherapist.
- Assists in the smooth running of the Service and its equipment
- Undertakes administrative tasks in relation to own work and as requested e.g. taking telephone messages, preparing case note files, collating and inputting data, photocopying, filing, among others
- Uses Microsoft Office applications on a daily basis.
- Uses therapy-specific software packages
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Responsibility for Information Systems
- Responsible for maintaining accurate and comprehensive client records
- Responsibility for Planning/Organising & Strategic/Business Development
- Organises own day to day tasks.
- Plans and organises therapeutic activities for clients on an individual basis or in groups, as delegated by Supervising Physiotherapists.
- Arranges appointments for clients.
- Involved in the business and operational development of the service as part of the team.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.