Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Kempinski Hotel Gold Coast City - Accra is the only five-star luxury hotel offering state of the art meeting facilities and services in the city. Conveniently located in the downtown area and in close proximity to the State House, the Accra International Conference Centre and the National Theatre. The property has 269 luxury rooms (largest room size in Accra), 24 suites, a variety of F&B offerings as well as large conference facilities and the largest SPA in West Africa (opening soon), a perfect mix of categories to meet the needs of both corporate and conference visitors to the country.
The overall scope of this role is to handle and monitor all matters relating to customer credit and timely collection of outstanding debts as well as timely issuance of invoices.
- Responsible for following and understanding all Kempinski Policies & Procedures.
- Responsible for behaving in a professional and harmonious manner and following the Kempinski code of conduct.
- Responsible for investigating customer’s credit worthiness through various available resources (e.g. banks, trace and credit associations, etc) and to recommend credit approval or disapproval to management.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Responsible for setting and reviewing credit limits for both in-house and City Ledger Accounts.
- Responsible for reviewing daily the in-house guest credit limits and ensuring that Front Office Management follows up if exceeded.
- Responsible for recording payments to the City Ledger daily.
- Responsible for verifying the accuracy of all A/R postings.
- Responsible for reviewing Travel Agency invoices and deducting the commission before issuing.
- Responsible for reviewing and understanding groups and catering contracts and the corresponding billing arrangements.
- Responsible for investigating disputed charges and following up when necessary.
- Responsible for reviewing uncollectable accounts and recommending write-offs.
- Responsible for reconciling the control accounts on a monthly basis.
- Responsible for preparing and sending statements for outstanding City Ledger accounts and pending deposit payments.
- Responsible for answering and following-up on customer inquiries on a timely basis.
- Responsible for performing any additional duties assigned by Management and assisting in other areas of Accounting as needed.
- Responsible for communicating with supervisor on any discrepancies in payments or other potential problems.
Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- BSC Accounting or any related course
- 1-3 years in accounts receivable or general accounting experience
- Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment:
- English – excellent oral and written skills (as applicable)
- Additional language - beneficial
- Ability to handle high volume with attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An ability to establish and retain effective working relationships with hotel staff and clients/vendors
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Applies a professional, confidential and ethical approach at all times
- Works in a safe, prudent and organized manner
- Computer literacy adapted to the field of training:
- Ability to operate computer and office equipment; Proficiency in Excel and Word
- Experience in respective accounting software is a plus
- Knowledge of the generally accepted accounting principles and local regulations
CONTINUE READING BELOW
To fill this position the candidate must identify with the Kempinski core values, in addition they should be especially:
- People Oriented
- Passionate for European luxury
- Analytical thinker
- Flexible and reliable
- Tolerant and open minded
- Works well under pressure
How To Apply
This Job Listing Has Expired
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.