Jobs In Ghana 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role:
Palladium International, LLC is seeking a Deputy Chief of Party for a potential upcoming Health Systems Strengthening project in Ghana. The Deputy Chief of Party must have the leadership, depth, and breadth of technical expertise and experience, professional reputation, supervisory and program management experience, interpersonal skills, and professional relationships that demonstrate her or his ability to be a thought leader in their field. This is a full-time position based in Accra, Ghana
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the COP, Finance and Administration Director, and Technical Leads as part of the senior leadership team to determine and support strategic objectives of the project.
- Provide leadership for strategy and implementation for the technical areas.
- Provide technical direction and oversight in the design, implementation, and monitoring of workplans and budgets.
- Support technical strategies and activities at the national, regional, and local levels, including conceptualizing new activities related to emerging global trends and initiatives.
- Advise the COP in alignment of human resources with project work plans and additional requests from USAID, including sourcing of fulltime employees and consultants.
- Supervise, either directly or indirectly, staff to carry out activities in the portfolio; in so doing, ensure activities are on track, meet Palladium’s technical quality standards, and are delivered on schedule and on budget.
- Ensure adherence to USAID, project, corporate, and in-country policies and procedures governing all technical work.
- Liaise with USAID management team on all issues pertaining to technical aspects of the project, including meetings, workplans, and technical updates, and respond to ad hoc technical requests from USAID and other entities.
- Work with technical leads to design and implement strategic approaches to expand project activities and innovative approaches .
- Work with the Finance & Administration Director, adapt and implement management systems with standard operating procedures to administer all activities funded by the agreement.
- Oversee and participate in the preparation of necessary technical and program-related reports, including presentations, peer-reviewed publications presenting innovation on health policy, and white papers.
- Guide and support training and capacity development efforts in support of project activities and deliverables.
- Provide functional guidance to outside vendors to ensure deliverables are met within timelines and budgets.
- Organize, as needed, project/program trainings, conferences, workshops, and meetings.
- Represent the project and organization, as needed, and participate in outside associations, conferences, and symposia.
- Contribute to AOR, partner, and other external communications and relationships.
- Demonstrated senior-level leadership (e.g., Project Director, Deputy Director) to programs of similar magnitude and complexity is preferred.
- Demonstrated progressive experience working on health systems strengthening projects, including quality improvement, leadership and management, human resources, and health financing, among others. Ghana experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience working with senior level representatives of developing country governments, international organizations, U.S. Government Agencies, other bilateral donors, civil society organizations, and private sector organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and effectively and efficiently navigate the rules and regulations of U.S. Government awards.
- Full professional proficiency in English, with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with USAID (highly desirable) and other multilateral organizations (e.g. CDC, WHO, World Bank, DFID, etc.).
- Strong analytical and computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, web-based research)
- Ability to multi-task and keep track of concurrent activities and deadlines.
- Must be willing to live and travel within Ghana.
ADVERTISEMENT CONTINUE READING BELOW
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.