Jobs In Ghana 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role:
Palladium International, LLC is seeking a Chief of Party for a potential upcoming Health Systems Strengthening project in Ghana.
ADVERTISEMENT CONTINUE READING BELOW
CONTINUE READING BELOW
The Chief of Party must have the leadership, depth, and breadth of technical expertise and experience, professional reputation, supervisory and program management experience, interpersonal skills, and professional relationships that demonstrate her or his ability to be a thought leader in their field. This is a full-time position based in Accra, Ghana
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct the project’s strategic vision, design, and implementation to meet the project’s results, objectives, and guiding principles.
- Lead development of annual workplans for timely submission to and approval by the client and ensure that agreed activities and targets are fully accomplished, meet expected technical and management quality standards, and ensure expected results are delivered on schedule and on budget.
- Ensure appropriate and timely documentation and dissemination of key results and deliverables.
- Serve as primary point of contact for the client/donor and ensure communications flow smoothly.
- Manage and mentor a team of senior technical and program management staff and facilitate strong communication and coordination with and between all team members.
- Ensure effective contract implementation in strict compliance with contract clauses, adherence to Palladium and USAID’s and guidelines and procedures.
- Provide oversight of project subcontractors, ensure quality and timeliness of deliverables, and facilitate regular communication among implementing partners to encourage maximum participation in the project.
- Develop, manage, and maintain strategic partnerships with USAID, other U.S. government agencies and projects, host-country governments and counterparts, international donors, multilateral organizations, and civil society and private sector partners in developing countries.
- Identify opportunities and negotiate partnership programs to leverage synergistic donor, governmental, and organizational resources.
- Ensure effective internal systems for program delivery; results tracking and reporting; staff recruitment, mobilization, and retention; and contracting and financial management to rapidly and efficiently respond to dynamic program needs.
- Facilitate proactive technical and programmatic monitoring, evaluation, learning, and adaptation across all levels of the project to mitigate risks to the program and refine program focus to apply lessons learned, respond to emerging needs, and take advantage of new opportunities.
- Develop and oversee a system for the identification and dissemination of good practices and lessons learned from project implementation.
ADVERTISEMENT CONTINUE READING BELOW
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Substantial experience working on health systems strengthening projects and a proven track record of working effectively with government counterparts at various levels of the health system.
- Demonstrated experience in Africa managing progressively complex health programs, with demonstrated skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities. Ghana experience preferred.
- Substantial experience with USAID as a Chief of Party, Project Director, Deputy Director, Team Leader, etc., on project(s) of similar scope, scale, and complexity preferred.
- Demonstrated international credibility as a leader in the collection, management, analysis, and presentation of health program data, and/or the use of data for reaching program priorities.
- Demonstrated experience in building partnerships to achieve mutual goals and objectives, including with U.S. government agencies, host-country governments and counterparts, international donors, multilateral organizations, and civil society and private sector partners in developing countries.
Experience with USAID preferred.Experience with other donors and multilateral organizations highly desirable(e.g. CDC, WHO, World Bank, DFID, etc.).
- Strong management skills to guide all project human, technical, and financial resources.
- Strong interpersonal, writing, and oral presentation skills.
- Strong analytical and computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, web-based research).
- Ability to multi-task and keep track of concurrent activities and deadlines.
- Fluency in English required
- Must be willing to live and travel within Ghana.
How To Apply
This Job Listing Has Expired
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.