Jobs In Tamale, Northern Region 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Lively Minds is an award-winning NGO working to get preschoolers in rural Ghana & Uganda school-ready. Over 250 million children under 5 years globally do not get the early childhood care and education they need, leading to poor health, poor education, lost life opportunities and poverty. We believe that one of the main barriers to ECCE is that parents in remote resource-poor villages lack the information, education and aspiration to provide basic and affordable opportunities for their children.
We have developed an innovative behavior-change programme that empowers marginalized, poorly educated mothers to run educational Play Schemes for preschoolers and to provide better home-based care, using cheap local resources. Not only does this result in positive outcomes for child development, but also has positive impacts for the mothers too.
These are exciting times for Lively Minds. In Ghana, we are finalising a partnership agreement with Ministry of Education and Ghana Education Service to integrate the programme in to the national kindergarten system and to support them to scale it across 60 rural districts in the northern regions of the country, reaching approximately 4,000 kindergartens and 1.1 million children.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Our programme in Uganda is in a test and preparation for scale stage. We are currently optimising the model so that it can be delivered through local government systems, with the long-term aim of national roll-out.
We are looking for an IT Officer to support in systems set-up, maintenance and technical support to the Lively Minds team in Ghana and the global team. The IT Officer will also provide technical support to the national, regional and district government officials running the programme in Ghana to quality standards.
The IT Officer will be expected to support in researching and testing new technology and system upgrades and install patches and upgrades as necessary. The position will also support in developing IT-related policies, training and ensuring compliance with IT protocols and policies.
Required Skills or Experience
- You will have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in an IT-related position and an undergraduate degree or certification in IT, Science or Computer Science.
- You will have experience of a wide range of software and able to adapt to and learn new IT systems easily.
- You will also have extensive knowledge of technical management and information analysis.
- You will be able to manage a varied workload and support others with a wide range of IT capabilities.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How To Apply
Please download the job description and an application form from our website and send a completed application form detailing how you meet the person specification to
by 11:59pm GMT Sunday 14th March 2021.
Please note that CVs and cover letters will not be considered and due to resource constraints, we will only respond to shortlisted candidates.
Short-listed candidates will be contacted to proceed on next steps, which includes assessment followed by two rounds of interviews.
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.