Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Mastercard Foundation seeks a world where everyone has the opportunity to learn and prosper. Through its Young Africa Works strategy and Canadian EleV program, the Foundation works with partners to ensure that millions of young people,?especially young women, access quality education, financial services and dignified work. Mastercard Foundation was established in?2006?through the generosity of Mastercard when it became a public company. The Foundation is independent with its own Board of?Directors and CEO.
THE WORK AT THE FOUNDATION
We have entered a very exciting time at the Foundation as we scale up our operations across Africa to realize our Young Africa Works strategy. Our role at the Mastercard Foundation is to be a catalyst. Our Young Africa Works strategy focuses on working with others to spur systemic change so young people have the opportunity to find work that is dignified and fulfilling.
The Foundation has opened offices in Rwanda, Kenya, Ghana, Senegal, Ethiopia, Nigeria and Uganda, building a broader leadership presence in Africa to develop specific strategies that support youth employment. Within a country, we work with governments, the private sector, educators and other funders to improve the quality of education and vocational training, prepare young people for the work force, expand access to financial services for entrepreneurs and small businesses, and connect job seekers to dignified and fulfilling work.
ADVERTISEMENT CONTINUE READING BELOW
CONTINUE READING BELOW
We are ambitious and driven. Our values transcend and rise above everything else as our guide. We encourage you to bring your bold ideas, curiosity, and expertise to your work. We laugh at ourselves and with each other. We are a team. Our journey together makes our impact even more meaningful.
If you are an experienced contracting and compliance professional looking to increase your impact, read on!
Reporting to the Lead, Program Contracts and Compliance and working closely with the Legal and Compliance, Finance, and Programs teams, in the Western, Central and Northern African region. You will work to implement and build capacity regarding a broad range of high impact contracting and program compliance practices to the Foundation. They will support the operationalization of the Foundation’s funding mechanisms delivering best-in-class resourcing opportunities for the Foundation’s partnerships. They will also deliver the implementation of contract management and monitoring programs to promote the highest levels of integrity and ethics and ensure the Foundation meets its Canadian regulatory requirements.
The Partner, Program Contracts and Compliance is a newly created position at the Foundation and comes at an exciting time of growth for the Foundation as it implements its new strategy, Young Africa Works. The Foundation is evolving to a new way of working to deliver on our Young Africa Works Strategy. This role will focus on implementing compliance programs across various Canadian regulatory areas to support innovative and cutting-edge programming approaches.
This role is open to candidates in any of our country offices in Western, Central and Northern Africa (Ghana, Nigeria, or Senegal).
WAYS YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
- Implement standardization of contract management and monitoring processes for local partners to align with Canada Revenue Agency, local standards, Foundation policies and project requirements to enable achievement of organizational goals.
- Lead engagement with Finance and Programs to align programmatic realities with contractual and Canadian regulatory requirements.
- Support the operationalization of Foundation’s funding mechanism strategy in collaboration with appropriate departments, ensuring efficient and effective program implementation.
- Co-create with internal stakeholders to ensure funding mechanisms effectively facilitate program implementation through the developments of processes and tools to enable successful partnerships.
- Contribute to the roll-out and implementation of an integrated compliance framework to build organizational capacity in support of the Foundation’s reputation.
- Support the continuous improvement of contracting processes and procedures to effectively manage risks associated with program non-compliance.
- Inform and implement initiatives to improve monitoring and program contracting activities.
- Proactively identify, analyze and respond to developments affecting program contracting and compliance activities.
- Support the development and delivery of training tools and e-learning solutions that enhance employee contracting knowledge and capabilities.
- Provide critical support and insight to the development of systems and processes that support efficient and effective management of program contracting and funding.
- Build and maintain relationship of trust with both internal and external stakeholders.
- All other duties and obligations as may be required from time to time.
ADVERTISEMENT CONTINUE READING BELOW
CONTINUE READING BELOW
WHO YOU ARE
- University degree preferably in International Development, Accounting, Law or a related field. Master’s degree is highly preferred and/or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- Minimum 5+ years of progressive experience working with charities in Livelihoods and/or Education, contracting, and/or Canadian regulatory compliance. Ideal experience from Canadian or large multi-lateral agencies preferred.
- Experience in developing and delivering a broad range of training formats including experience with e-Learning Platforms.
- Proven ability to effectively influence, build relationships and leverage formal and informal organizational structures.
- Ability to challenge appropriately and voice alternative perspectives and viewpoints.
- Ability to exercise sound judgement and discretion in dealing with confidential matters.
- A champion of ethics and integrity.
- Ability to take initiative, “roll-up your sleeves” and bring creative new approaches and diverse solutions.
- Results driven; motivated by performance excellence and a sense of urgency.
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to execute a range of job duties with constantly changing priorities.
- Possess excellent communication (written & verbal) and presentation skills with the ability to articulate information to a variety of constituents across cultures.
- Fluency in English is required. Ability to speak French and/or local language is highly preferred.
- Possesses professional maturity, sensitivity with different cultures, and impeccable integrity that exemplify the Foundation’s values.
- You have a commitment to Mastercard Foundation’s values and vision.
How To Apply
This Job Listing Has Expired
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.