Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Jhpiego is an international, non-profit health organization affiliated with The Johns Hopkins University. For 40 years and in over 155 countries, Jhpiego has worked to prevent the needless deaths of women and their families.
Jhpiego Corporation in Ghana has been providing technical support to the Ministry of Health and Ghana Health Service for the past 40 years in a variety of technical areas including cervical cancer treatment and prevention, community health, HIV and AIDS, maternal and newborn health, health workforce capacity development (both pre-service and in-service), family planning, malaria, and IPC/WASH.
As the leading global partner for the Momentum Country and Global Leadership program (MCGL), funded by USAID, Jhpiego and consortium partners are preparing for a series of activities in Ghana. MOMENTUM is a suite of USAID projects that aims to accelerate reductions in maternal, newborn, and child mortality and morbidity in high-burden countries by increasing host country commitment and capacity to provide high-quality, integrated health care.
The Team is currently looking for dynamic individuals to fill the following positions: Program Officer – Clinical Care & Critical Care (1 year, renewable, based in Accra)
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Reporting to the Clinical Care and Critical Care Specialist, the Clinical Care & Critical Care
Program Officer will assist in the implementation, project management and administrative support for Clinical Care and Critical Care activities/projects being implemented at the national, regional, district and primary health care level. This includes assisting with development of work plans, liaising with Ministry staff, other partners and donors regarding implementation, monitoring and evaluation of project milestones and targets.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead program coordination and monitor implementation
- Implementation and monitoring of work plan and budgets
- Coordinate technical assistance for program implementation
- Assist the technical staff in the design implementation, monitoring and assessment of activities.
- Write reports, project monitoring tracking matrices and relevant reports as required.
- Work closely with technical and program staff to ensure quality implementation of programs and monitor state level spending
- Assist in the development of new program approaches that are linked to related services
- Work with Jhpiego Clinical Care and Critical Care consultants to implement trainings, maintain services and supportive supervision
- Perform other duties as necessary or as assigned
Required Skills or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (advanced degree preferred) or equivalent experience in public health, sociology, or related health, management, or social science discipline.
- Demonstrated experience working with USAID programs and strong familiarity with USG reporting requirements.
- 5+ years’ experience in management, operational and technical expertise with a preference in public health program implementation
ADVERTISEMENT CONTINUE READING BELOW
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Experience in public health as well as Clinical Care and Critical Care
- Familiarity with Ghana health systems and reporting structure and demonstrated ability to collaborate with government level officials to strengthen program implementation
- Demonstrated ability in working and collaborating with a wide range of local and international partner organizations
- Excellent skills in facilitation, team building and coordination
- Excellent writing and communications skills, including demonstrated technical writing skills for publication
- Ability to work effectively with diverse international teams and willingness to learn and empower others
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform
- Ability and willingness to travel frequently to implementation regions and health facilities
- Familiarity and experience working with Zoom and other virtual platforms
How To Apply
Qualified persons are required to send their Curriculum Vitae (CV) and application letter to:
- Deadline for the submission of applications: February 26, 2021.
- Please note that given the likely high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.