Administrative/Secretarial Jobs In Ghana : Facilities Manager - West African Genetic Medicine CentreAdministrative/Secretarial Jobs In Ghana 2021
Jobs In Ghana 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The Facilities Manager at West African Genetic Medicine Centre (WAGMC) will be responsible for planning and coordinating the construction, installation, refurbishment, maintenance and security of various physical facilities of the Centre including buildings, equipments and vehicles. The candidate will work closely with the Physical Development and Municipal Services, and the Logistics Directorates of the University of Ghana to accomplish project objectives.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate planning and construction of WAGMC Building Complex, working with the Centre’s Environmental and Social
- Safeguards Officer and the Procurement Officer to inspect building materials and to ensure compliance of proper construction methods
- Coordinate the use, and maintain records of the condition of assets; develop and keep maintenance record of all assets:
- Ensure assets meet health and safety standards as well as legal requirements
- Develop and monitor preventive maintenance programmes for all assets to ensure optimum functioning
- Ensure offices and research laboratories are properly cleaned, well lit, have access to water and fumigated as required to ensure suitability of the work environment
- Manage all refurbishments, renovations, office relocations and movement of assets to ensure smooth execution of moving plans
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Research and keep record of costs related to deep cleaning, waste disposal, security and parking in order to contribute to
budgetary planning by management
- Liaise with suppliers and vendors contracted to provide goods and services to ensure compliance with contractual
- Plan and conduct safety training programmes for personnel
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
- Master’s degree in Facilities Management, Building Engineering or related field
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in facilities/properties management
- Ability to manage varied and complex workload under high pressure situations Technical knowledge and understanding of building services
- High proficiency in use of Microsoft Excel, Word and intermediate Power Point skill
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills including fluency in English, ability to communicate effectively with
different groups; maintain respectful demeanour towards colleagues, suppliers and representatives of partner institutions, and have good report writing skills
- Good computer literacy skills, with competencies in spreadsheets, word processing, power point, electronic communications applications, including teleconferencing
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How To Apply
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and CV to
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE : 21st March 2021.
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.