Jobs In Ghana 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The Association of Ghana Industries (AGI) is seeking to hire an Executive Assistant to the President/CEO.
Reporting directly to the President and CEO, the Executive Assistant to the President/CEO provides executive, administrative, and development support to the President and Board of Directors, as well as the Senior Leadership Team and HR. The Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the President. The Executive Assistant serves as a liaison to the Board of Directors and senior management teams; organizes and coordinates executive outreach and external relations efforts; and oversees special projects
Essential/Primary Responsibilities :
- Takes minutes of all management meeting and assists the President/CEO with daily administrative duties and completes a broad variety of administrative tasks that include managing an active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries and agendas and compiling documents for meetings
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Communicates with the general staff on the President/CEO’s behalf and coordinates logistics with high-level meetings both internally and externally. Coordinates meetings and strategic activities with the, The Management Team , and members of staff and association member
- Communicates directly and on behalf of the President/CEO with Board members, donors, foundation staff, and others on matters related to programmatic initiatives as directed.
- Conducts research on prospective corporate and foundation donors to identify and evaluate current needs and assembles materials needed for the proposals
- Drafts reports, letters of solicitation, proposals; prepares and coordinates oral and written communication with donors and prospects
- Supports President/CEO in his/her external commitments related to PRB, including service on external boards, committees and other groups
- Processes memberships with other organizations
- Administratively supports HR director (recruiting support, documents formatting, surveys set up and other administrative tasks), drafts emails and other correspondence as directed
Board Support and Liaison
- Serves as the President’s administrative liaison to the Board of Directors and manages Board activities, which include coordinating semi-annual Board meetings and dinners; semi-annual Board staff lunches/receptions/new Board member orientations; arranging hotel accommodations for out-of-town Board members; processing travel reimbursement requests; and compiling, assembling, and distributing Board meeting materials. Research potential Board members for the Nomination Committe
- Coordinates Executive, Finance, Governance & Nominating, and Audit Committee meetings, maintains confidential files and contact information; coordinates meetings, conferences, and committees both on and off site to support the President’s agenda
- Maintains Board portal (Directors Desk)
- Participates as an adjunct member of the Senior leadership team including assisting in scheduling, attending meetings. Represents the President in designated meetings as required
- Assists in coordinating the agenda of senior management team meetings. Prepares an account of the meetings and designates and follows up on assigned action items
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Oversees the training and support of PRB’s Program Assistants
- Provide assistance as needed to front desk operations to include but is not limited to, answering phones, accepting package and other deliveries, lunchtime relief, and greeting and signing in visitors/guests
- Position reports to the President/CEO and works directly with the Board of Directors
- Works directly with the Board Executive and Finance Committees
- Works directly with senior level staff and HR both internally and externally
Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience with social sciences background and an interest in national and global issues
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Five to ten years providing support for upper-level management in a related organization (i.e., population, social sciences, public health)
Skills & Abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners and donors
- Previous experience working with development and fundraising programs to increase donor contributions and funding sources
- Proficiency in Windows, including MS Word, EXCEL and PowerPoint; fund-raising data management systems knowledge helpful
- Ability to learn new software such as Doodle polls and Director’s Desk board portal
- Ability to conduct research and present data in a succinct and well-written manner
- Ability to work independently and with professional discretion
- Excellent writing, editing, grammatical, organizational, and research skills
- Ability to work with a broad range of people including major donors, Board members, foundation staff, colleagues of the president/CEO and staff, and others
- Knowledge of other languages and international customs is an asset; knowledge of French or Spanish is helpful
- Excellent management, time-management, and problem-solving skills
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Working Conditions/Other Data
- Due to the confidentiality of the work, the candidates must be willing to agree and sign a non- disclosure document
- Occasional travel may be involved
How To Apply
Interested candidates should send applications to
with cv and cover letter indicating the position they are applying for in the subject of the email.
Deadline for application is 2nd March, 2021.
NOTE: Only female candidates will be considered
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.