Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
United Airlines has a wide variety of career opportunities around the world — come find yours.
The Finance department, which manages the company’s budgets, forecasts and investments, and provides analysis of our financial performance and strategies.
This position reports to the Sr Manager Regional Finance and Accounting
Job overview and responsibilities
Supervise the day to day accounting and administration functions to ensure proper internal controls, compliance to local government/ company policies & requirements, implementing efficient finance and accounting procedures for the country. Additionally, develop staff by coaching them or provide adequate training to improve process effectiveness.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
In addition, this role provides management information and administrative support to regional departments. Local understanding of the law is imperative for the success of this position. Work with business partners to ensure compliance with the Company’s policies and procedures.
- Supervises/ performs daily local accounting (AR, AP administration, payroll, reconciliation, budgeting) and administration (statutory reporting, treasury/cash forecasting, tax/VAT reporting and compliance, facility management) functions and represents United in dealing with IATA, bankers and tax authorities in country
- Ensures development and implementation of adequate internal financial controls in order to safeguard company assets, verify accuracy and reliability of accounting data and promote operational efficiency and adherence to management policy and local government requirements
- Coordinate with City Ticket office and Airport office related to ticket sales report, cash collection vertification and Internal controls. Reconcile BSP and Cargo sales and ensure timely receipts
- Coordinates with Regional Office and to resolve accounting and system related problems and streamline work processes to meet pre defined
This position is offered on local terms and conditions. Expatriate assignments and sponsorship for employment visas, even on a time-limited visa status, will not be awarded.
- Commerce Graduate from a reputed University
- At least 5-6 years of experience in accounting
- Accounting Certification
- Intermediate to advance level knowledge of MS Excel and presentation skills
- Good communicator
- Analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency in English and local language (written and oral)
- Knowledge of Local Tax and corporate laws and regulations
- Must be legally authorized to work in the Ghana for any employer without sponsorship
- Successful completion of interview required to meet job qualification
- Reliable, punctual attendance is an essential function of the position
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Airline industry
- 2 years experience with subordinates
- Knowledge of international operations, processes and metrics driven personality
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.