Jobs In Tema 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Central University, a Chartered Christian University invites applications from qualified persons for appointment as Assistant Registrar (Budget Officer)
Reporting to the Chief Finance Officer (CFO), the Assistant Registrar in charge of budget will perform the following:
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Ensure efficient coordination of various Schools/Faculties/Directorates, and designated accounts by implementing budgeting systems and financial records which are compatible with the University’s accounting and reporting systems.
- Interpret University financial reports and advise the cost center heads financial decisions by providing accurate information on the financial status of individual accounts and the cost center as a whole.
- Assist in annual budgeting and financial planning by providing allocation and expense projections.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Ensure the financial integrity of designated budgets by monitoring balances and expenditures.
- Provide assistance by collecting, organizing, and analyzing financial and other statistical data for the preparation of financial and non-financial reports, establishing reporting deadlines for cost center staff, providing data for these reports, and utilizing the university systems to assist with financial management responsibilities.
- Coordinate budgetary and other statistical data with other University offices, as directed.
- Serve as liaison between the cost centers and the finance directorate on financial matters such as budget submission and clarification of financial and budgetary policies and procedures.
- Assist in the development of the annual salary increase matrix to determine annual salary increases based on performance and equity.
- Contribute to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of others.
- Contribute to the overall success of the cost center by performing all other essential duties and responsibilities as assigned, maintaining high levels of accuracy, maintaining a Human Resource Management Directorate professional demeanor and appropriate levels of confidentiality, and providing excellent customer service.
Qualification Required & Experience
Applicants seeking appointment must have:
- Second Degree in Accounting/Finance from a reputable institution
- Possession of part two (2) of any of the Professional Chartered Accounting Programmes (ICAG, CIMA, ACCA, etc) will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of three (3) years post qualification experience in an accounting or budgetary position with a reputable institution
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Essential Skills, knowledge and Abilities:
- proficient in spreadsheets and financial modeling
- ability to initiate and follow through with work and meet deadlines with minimum supervision
- good interpersonal, communication, organizational and administrative skills
- a high of level of numeracy, data analysis, eye for details and report writing skills
How To Apply
This Job Listing Has Expired
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.