Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Right To Play is a global organisation that protects, educates and empowers children to rise above adversity using the power of play. By harnessing play, one of the most powerful and fundamental forces in a child’s life, we helped 2.3 million children last year to stay in school and out of work, to prevent life-threatening diseases and to stay safe from exploitation and abuse. We are the only global development organization focused exclusively on using play to transform the lives of children and youth impacted by poverty, war, disease and inequality.
Established in 2000, Right To Play is headquartered in Toronto, Canada and has operations in 22 countries across North America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and Asia.
With a shared passion for our mission, our Culture Code guides how we act and interact based on five core pillars:
- Accept Everyone – Be intentional about inclusion
- Make Things Happen – Seek opportunities to lead and innovate
- Display Courage – Act with integrity
- Demonstrate Care – Look after yourself and one another
- Be Playful – Have fun at work
CONTINUE READING BELOW
The Field Facilitator reports directly to the Project Officer (PO) and is responsible for the implementation of Right To Play project activities and providing support and guidance to the community team in using RTP tools in the project location. He/she is also responsible for monitoring the project for quality of delivery and effectiveness.
Job Responsibility # 1: Activity Planning and Implementation (45%):
- Ensures participation of partners, children/young people and stakeholders in the process of project planning and implementation of the proposed activities.
- Supports Coaches and Coach Trainers in developing their activity plans and schedules, encourages their initiatives while ensuring alignment with project proposal, facilitates their activities and reports to the PO.
- Organizes and conducts special events activities, play days and sports tournaments.
- In coordination with partners, Coaches and Coach Trainers, evaluates events, provides updates of lessons learned and best practices and reports on progress and challenges as they arise.
- Manages the logistical arrangements for training workshops and events.
- Assesses training needs of Coach Trainers, Coaches, Junior Leaders, teachers and partners, recommends the suitable intervention and works with them to develop training schedules.
- Organizes and facilitates training workshops conducted by other program staff and participates in the training as required.
- Facilitates the training sessions conducted by Coach Trainers, evaluates them and reports to the PO.
- Handles equipment management and distribution in the assigned community.
- Handles advance payments and manages cash money used for the activity implementation.
- Follows up on how partners are spending budget received for project implementation in the location and verifies the accuracy of their financial reports and receipts and reports to the PO.
- Assesses needs for facility repairs and upgrades in the community, facilitates the authorized work and ensures that overall work has been completed in accordance with the approved standards.
Job Responsibility #2: Monitoring and reporting (20%):
- Conducts regular field visits with partners, Coach Trainers and Coaches to follow up and provide support as needed.
- Participates in workshops/training to partners, Coaches and Coach Trainers in the quantitative data collection tools and qualitative monitoring tools and ensures accurate and timely submission of quantitative and qualitative data to RTP team.
- Provides narrative, qualitative and quantitative monitoring information/data to support monthly, quarterly and annual reports to update Country and HQ on project progress.
- Submits financial reports related to activity implementation.
- Ensures partners and Coaches are in compliance with Child Safeguarding Policy.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Job Responsibility #3: Establish and Maintain Partnerships (20%):
- Identifies community needs, participates in the selection of communities and partners to be included in RTP program in the respective Field.
- Represents RTP in the project location and relevant forums and have regular consultations with local partners, stakeholders and key beneficiaries in the assigned community.
Job Responsibility #4: Supervision and Guidance (10%):
- Conducts performance assessment of Coach Trainers and Coaches and recommends incentives based on the approved incentive criteria.
- In collaboration and consultation with partners, PO and the Training Officer implements a Coach Incentive system.
- In collaboration and consultation with partners identifies potential Coaches who can become Coach Trainers.
- Recommends Coach Trainers and Coaches for certification.
Job Responsibility #5: Performs other duties as assigned (5%)
Required Skills or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, adult education or any related discipline.
- Two years’ experience working in project implementation and facilitation part of which should have been in leading a team.
Competencies / Personal Attributes
- Ability to confidently represent oneself and Right To Play
- Effective planning and organizing skills
- Coaching and feedback skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Strong development and team building skills
- Understanding of adult education principles
- Computer literacy in outlook, MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Internet
- Effective report writing
- Understanding of a community-led process
- Understanding of the concept of sport for development
- Understanding of child rights and child protection
Desired Qualifications (An Asset)
- Experience implementing a development program with local populations in both rural and urban settings
- Experience in training, leading workshops and teaching
- Personal sport and activity background with coaching experience
- Holds a valid driver’s license
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Excellent spoken and written English and local language(s)
WHO YOU ARE:
You are passionate about our commitment to help children and youth rise above life’s challenges through the power of play. You are highly collaborative and a relationship builder with a passion for humanitarian work, human rights and social change. You have been extensively involved in the implementation of Program strategies. Your attention to detail is great and you have a positive, follow-through mindset. You are focused on strategically positioning Right To Play as a partner of choice for our donors.
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
The opportunity to work with a passionate, innovative and collaborative team where you have the ability to make things happen. You will gain experience working for a globally recognized organization with a healthy culture premised on our Culture Code (accept everyone, make things happen, display courage, demonstrate care and be playful). In addition, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
Target Start Date: April 2021
Contract Type: Fixed Term (Renewable)
How To Apply
This Job Listing Has Expired
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.