Jobs In Tamale, Northern Region 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
School for Life (SfL) is a local Non-Governmental Organization that works to strengthen Civil Society’s role in improving access to relevant quality education. SfL functions as a lead organization in delivering, demonstrating and advocating for mother tongue based complementary basic education in underserved areas of Ghana and provides complementary educational services to out-of-school children.
SfL also provides technical support to both Government and Non-Governmental Organizations in the area of complementary education and quality education programmes providing innovation and inclusive approaches to education in Ghana. School for Life strives to be a center of excellence that inspires breakthroughs in education.
As an Organization being part of the umbrella of Ghana Developing Communities Association (GDCA), SfL works with other agencies to contribute to integrated programmes, and delivers results in education under the four-year (2020-2023) Empowerment for Life Programme funded by Danida.
- Reports to: Programme Director
- Duration: 1st April 2021 to 31st December 2023 with possibility of extension
CONTINUE READING BELOW
This position is a senior management level position. The position holder shall serve as a Technical Advisor/specialist and be responsible for developing education programmes in School for Life, especially in such areas as education policy, promoting equitable access to quality education, educational governance and accountability, innovative and participatory teaching and learning methodologies, complementary basic education and curriculum development and/or replication. He/she shall work closely with the field teams to implement education programmes and develop their capacity for practical roll-out of education activities. He/she shall also play a key role in research and evidence-based advocacy aimed at influencing education policy in Ghana.
- Develop, advise and monitor interventions on school governance, quality, access and equity in education, incl. support to field teams.
- Manage the curriculum development processes and periodically review all material supporting the pedagogy and methodology in the organization, and lead the development of participatory and innovative teaching and learning methodologies to improve quality education in beneficiary communities
- Conduct research and maintain a monitoring system that ensures adequate level of data to serve as evidence for advocacy and fundraising at regional, national and international levels.
- Keep track of developments in national and international educational policies and develop educational strategies, operational plans and activities, and further advice on their periodic refinement.
- Lead in the training and assessment of facilitators and volunteer teachers.
- Liaise and develop strategic partnerships with key stakeholders including the Ministry of Education, Ghana Education Service, Metropolitan, Municipal and District Assemblies.
Required Skills or Experience
- A Master’s degree in education, development studies, social science, or other relevant qualification from a recognized university.
- Candidates with additional qualifications in teacher training and pedagogical skills and approaches will have an added advantage.
- At least 5 years’ post qualification experience in the NGO or CSO sector with focus on education development in Ghana, innovative teaching and learning methodologies, complementary basic education, education policy influencing and advocacy, research for advocacy, working with GES, MMDAs and other education stakeholders, and experience in training and facilitation.
- Candidates with a Bachelor’s degree and with over 10 years of experience in the above areas can also apply. Females are especially encouraged to apply.
ADVERTISEMENT CONTINUE READING BELOW
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Key Personal and Interpersonal Skills
- Must be a strong team player
- Diligent and able to self-initiate
- High skills and knowledge in developing educational materials and training manuals
- Ability to communicate clearly both in writing and verbally.
- Ability to multitask and work under tight deadlines
- Fluent in at least one of the local languages used in the program area
- High skills in ICT, Microsoft Suite, internet and the use of social media for communication
How To Apply
This Job Listing Has Expired
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.