Jobs In Ghana 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Our client, a leading agro-processing and deporting company, is looking for a qualified candidate to occupy the position of Transport Manager.
The Transport Manager will be responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating the transportation operations from production to end-user. The transport manager would also be involved in scheduling routes and tracking orders using functional systems, as well as, planning and supervising the maintenance and repairs of all vehicles of the company, and developing engineering solutions for the company’s transportation-related challenges with the Chief Engineer.
- Transporting the correct quantities of products to their required destination within the given time limit Effectively organise and manage a team of drivers and vehicles:
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Organising and overseeing all health and safety checks and routine vehicle checks and adhering to both company and statutory requirements;
- Be involved in strategic developments of the company’s transport sector, maintaining any administrative records, regularly communicating with the relevant departments to ensure smooth operations
- Effectively manage, audit and review compliance systems, transport legislation and procedures to ensure company compliance
- Ensure that drivers hold the appropriate entitlement for the vehicle they are driving,
- Ensure that drivers are properly trained and competent to operate all relevant vehicles and equipment
- Ensure that a proper system of vehicle maintenance is in place and carried out and that all vehicles are kept in a roadworthy condition:
- Meet deadlines and be available after normal business hours when required
- Candidate’s Required Skills Set
- Planning & organisation skills Supervisory skills
- Problem-solving and analytical abilities
- Communication & interpersonal skills
- Initiative & proactivity Team leader
- Demonstrates integrity and good work ethics
- First degree or HND in Electrical or Electronics
- Fair knowledge in Mechanical Engineering, vehicle refrigeration, routing and movement notifications
- Hands-on experience in workshop management A Master’s degree in a relevant Engineering field would be an added advantage
- Not less than 5 years’ work experience in the food and beverage industry
- Good oral and written English
- Strong knowledge of CAD and MS Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How To Apply
This Job Listing Has Expired
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.