Jobs In Ghana 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The Accountant’s role is to support the Financial Controller in establishing the budget planning, budget monitoring, financial reporting and review of internal controls. Other responsibilities include oversight of junior staff within the department that need specialist guidance in accounting standards, and industry best practice. You will be expected to have advanced knowledge of accounting standards (IFRS), tax and budgeting. The goal will be to provide excellent assistance and support to the Financial Controller & Senior Leadership Team.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare the school’s annual budget, review and update as necessary.
- Monitor income and expenditure in relation to the school’s budget, and produce monthly reports
- Keep all school accounts and prepare income and expenditure reports in accordance with IFRS, financial regulations and shall prepare accounts for submission to the school’s auditors.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Assist in the preparation for the annual audit, liaising with all parties involved.
- Maintain and oversee all bank accounts including the school’s debit card/s, completing monthly reconciliations and reporting banking errors to Management.
- Ensure that the school’s finance policy is reviewed and updated as necessary and that the school meets all financial requirements.
- Responsible for all elements of cash handling including collections and disbursements, banking and security, fundraising and school trips.
- Responsible for the completion of the school’s payroll, ensuring all forms including timesheets, new starter/leaver/variation forms and annual returns are submitted within required deadlines
- Responsible for the placement of orders ensuring they are processed through the school’s computerized finance accounting package.
- In conjunction with the nominated staff members, scrutinize and attend to the payment of all invoices and statements of account.
- Carry out and keep analyses of costs and other statistical information.
- Ensure that all the necessary financial data required for payroll, the staff Pension and Provident is submitted.
- Ensure that all administrative duties, checks, documentation, reports and returns (internal and external) are completed accurately and submitted within required deadlines.
- Advising on compliance with legislation and guidance.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in accounting, or finance
- Professional accounting qualification preferred e.g. CA, ACCA or CIMA
- Minimum 5-10 years’ experience in accounting/finance
- Preferable experience working with an International school.
How To Apply
This Job Listing Has Expired
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.