Human Resource Management Jobs In Ghana : Human Resource Officer at SOS-Hermann Gmeiner International CollegeHuman Resource Management Jobs In Ghana 2021
Jobs In Ghana 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The Human Resource Officer’s role is to support the Principal in hiring, developing and looking after the needs of the staff body. The responsibilities include oversight of general staff training needs that do not fall under the academic function as well as keeping accurate records of attendance and related personnel matters. The HR Officer will be asked to provide such data to be used in the evaluation of staff performance.
You will be responsible for administrative tasks such as the keeping and updating of accurate personnel files and you will contribute to making the college a better place to work. You are expected to have knowledge of various HR functions as well as applicable Labour laws governing employee/employer relations. You will be required to be fully conversant with the college’s Conditions of Service document and to assist particularly the ancillary staff in understanding its provisions. The goal will be to provide excellent assistance and support to the Senior Leadership Team.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supporting the development and implementation of HR initiatives and systems
- Providing counseling on policies and procedures
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Being actively involved in recruitment by helping with job descriptions and managing the hiring process
- Creating and implementing effective onboarding and induction plans
- Developing training and development programs e.g., health and safety, safeguarding etc.
- Assisting in performance management processes as directed by the Principal
- Supporting the management of disciplinary and grievance issues
- Maintaining employee records (attendance data warning letters, periods of probation and timelines of confirmation letters etc.) according to college policy and legal requirements
- Reviewing the job descriptions and actual functions of non-teaching staff (admin, technicians, interns, assistants, canteen staff, drivers and cleaners etc.) with a view to streamline operations and reduce overstaffing
- Reviewing employment and working conditions to ensure legal compliance
- Reviewing renewal of contracts
- Any other tasks related to human resource that the Principal asks of you
- POSITION DEMANDS
- Bachelor’s degree; BSc/BA in Business Administration, HR, Social studies or relevant field; further training or professional certification will be a plus
- At least three years proven experience as an HR officer, administrator or other HR position
- Knowledge of HR functions (pay & benefits, recruitment, training & development etc.)
- Understanding of labour laws and disciplinary procedures
- Outstanding organizational and time-management abilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A successful record as a strong and effective decision maker;
- Strong ethics and reliability
- Evidence of ability to hold staff to account in relation to policies
- Experience working in international schools and other international organizations will be a plus
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Master’s Degree in Education, or related field
- Experience and knowledge of international education system(s)
- Experience in fundraising, public relations and communication would be a distinct advantage
- Evidence of well-developed planning skills
- Strong IT skills
How To Apply
This Job Listing Has Expired
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.