Jobs In Ghana 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The MERL Manager is responsible for managing the overall Monitoring, Evaluation and Research strategy and implementation of related activities within MSG,as well as partner agencies where necessary. The job holder is responsible for ensuring that high quality, accurate and timely information is available for internal and external reporting purposes and will communicate closely with all stakeholders involved in the design, implementation and coordination of projects.
The MERL Manager will also play a lead role in the continuing development and implementation of MSG's performance framework and tools (including CPAs, CLIC and QAF). He/she will also serve as the key link person for MSG and the Global Research, Monitoring and Evaluation Team and actively support MSG's Regional Managers to ensure a high degree of regional capacity to collect. collate and analyse projects performance data. s/he reports to the Director, Regional operations.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Manage and provide leadership to the Monitoring, Evaluation Research and Learning (MERL) team
- Oversee the preparation and management of the work plan and budget for the MERL team and ensuring that the MERL team is compliant with all internal MSG policies (e.g. finance, procurement, human resource management,etc.)
- Provide necessary training,coaching and mentorship for the team.
- Work with project leads and Regional Managers to identify and address M&E training needs of team.
- Proactively identify knowledge gaps within the organisation and design strategic research and/or analysis of secondary data to address them.
- Support MSG to develop a culture of evidence-based decision-making across the
- Undertake and ensure high technical quality research that fulfils both local and MSI ethical
- Work with the Channel Lead, Centres and Centre Managers to put measures in place to increase the service income to cost ratios of the centre network and specific centre
- Maintain an accurate MIS database for management decision making and donor reporting.
- Undertake the publication and presentation of MSG research findings and articles in peer reviewed journals and conferences.
- Strengthen relations with key stakeholders and partners, including Government. R3M and other researchers.
- Master's Degree in Statistics, Population Studies, Mathematics, Economics, Demography Public Health, Agricultural Economics or Social Sciences required.
- Other relevant professional qualifications desired.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- At least six (6) years of postgraduate relevant work experience with a minimum of three (3) years at the managerial experience.
- Experienced in managing a team and proven ability to undertake training and capacity
- Demonstrated experience in designing, implementing (including supervising field work), analysing and writing-up high quality research.
- Research, project management and INGO experience
- Demonstrated experience of actively collaborating with both internal and external
- IT literate - competence with MS office, SPSS and EpiData.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills.
- Strong attention to detail,excellent writing, presentation and verbal communication skills.
- Team player, hard work and results focused.
- Experience in working in health and sexual and reproductive health.
- Pro-family planning and pro-choice.
- Customer focused with good interpersonal skills to engage with people at all levels - government, donor and community.
- Able to inspire and excite others about turning data into information.
- Problem-solving,'can do' approach to challenges.
How To Apply
This Job Listing Has Expired
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.