Administrative/Secretarial Jobs In Accra : Rector - Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration (GIMPA)Administrative/Secretarial Jobs In Ghana 2021
Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The Council of the Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration (GIMPA), hereby announces that the post of Rector of the Institute will become vacant from September 1, 2021. A successor is, therefore, being sought to take over from the incumbent Rector in accordance with statute 12 of the GIMPA Statutes (2020). The Rector shall hold office for an initial term of four (4) academic years and may be eligible for a second term of up to four (4) academic years only, subject to satisfactory performance and good conduct.
The vision of the Institute is to be a global Institute of excellence in knowledge development and application.
Founded in 1961 as a training centre for public servants and established as a public university as per Act 676 (2004), GIMPA is a self-financing public tertiary institution which has a mission to build quality human capital through education, training and services in the fields of leadership, management and public administration for the public sector and non-governmental organisations.
GIMPA has a student population of about 10,000 and employees numbering approximately 650, made up of academics, senior administrative and professional staff as well as middle and junior level support staff.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- The Rector is the Principal Academic, Chief Administrative Officer and the Chief Executive of the Institute, responsible for the promotion of higher education and research and the provision of academic and administrative leadership and the prudent management of the finances of the Institute; He/She should be capable of meeting challenges posed by inadequate infrastructure and a phenomenal growth in student population;
- The Rector is the driver of the strategic direction of the Institute and the growth and development of the Institute;
- The Rector is the Principal Spending Officer of the Institute and is liable for any breach arising from the exercise of his executive and spending functions and powers;
- The Rector is the Chief Disciplinary Officer of the Institute under the direction and general control of Council;
- The Rector is responsible for setting and implementing the agenda as embodied in the Institute’s broad strategic plans by initiating new directions in the academic development of the Institute, and protecting the integrity of the Institute’s processes;
- The Rector shall advise the Council on matters affecting policy, finance, governance and administration of the Institute;
- The Rector is the public face of the Institute representing the Institute to the outside world, and speaks for GIMPA within and outside Ghana.
The successful candidate should, among others, have the following qualifications, traits, and competencies:
- Must be of the status of a Professor with reputable and distinguished extensive, both local and international, research leadership;
- Must have considerable senior level managerial and administrative experience of not less than 8 years in higher education and/or industry;
- Must have good financial and fund raising capabilities and the ability to mobilise other resources for the development of the Institute;
- Must be able to serve an initial full term before the attainment of the statutory retirement age of 60 years, as per the Constitution of Ghana, and for employees of the Public Service of Ghana;
- Must be a person of unblemished character with a high degree of personal integrity;
- Must be a distinguished scholar of international repute, who can inspire, direct and motivate employees in the drive to become a world class research intensive Institute dedicated to the training of competent leaders, managers and administrators;
- Must display creativity in vision;
- Must have mature and sober judgement;
- Must possess excellent inter-personal and communication skills, and must be a team player;
- Must have good entrepreneurial drive and the ability to manage the Institute’s resources to effectively achieve set goals;
- Must have proven fund raising capabilities and track record and should have the ability to mobilize other resources for the development of the Institute;
- Must be an individual who, judging from his/her track records, is likely to command respect of members of staff and the GIMPA community;
- Must be committed to the integration of ICT into the Institute’s programmes and services;
- Must be devoted and able to commit full-time attention to the business of the Institute.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
- Conditions of Service of the Rector to be determined by Council consistent with the Institute’s Act and Statutes;
- Salary and fringe benefits attached to the post are attractive.
How To Apply
This Job Listing Has Expired
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.