Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Global Communities is a development organization serving more than 20 million people worldwide each year. The organization’s mission is to be a catalyst for long-lasting positive change in low- and moderate-income communities around the world, helping them improve their social, economic, and environmental conditions.
- Contract Type: Six (6 months) with possibility of extension
- Reports To: Country Director/DCOP
- Location: Accra Office (with 90% field travel within GC offices in Africa)
Global Communities is seeking a qualified individual to fill the Sanitation Marketing Coordinator role in its Accra office under the ongoing WASH For Health Program. This program focuses on delivery of water and sanitation infrastructure with emphasis on improving sanitation and health practices in selected districts in Ghana.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The purpose of this job is to spearhead efforts to expand and replicate the private sector Digni-Loo initiative to other countries in Africa and potentially other countries as well. This position will report to the Global Communities Ghana Country Director who led the development of the Digni-Loo in Ghana.
Duties will include:
- Developing a strategy and business plan to expand Digni-Loo to other countries;
- Carrying out poor-inclusive market assessments/Digni-Loo feasibility studies in other priority countries (or supervising consultants who may do this);
- Keeping track of competitors in the plastic latrine space, their initiatives, investments, products and partnerships;
- Identifying and developing partnerships with private sector businesses towards the expansion of Digni-Loo;
- Identifying and mobilizing financial resources to support the Digni-Loo expansion initiative;
- Preparing monthly progress reports for the GC Digni-Loo team and eventually to a Digni-Loo board of advisors;
- Leading/supporting efforts to further innovate related sanitation products such as superstructures or sanitation facilities and services for safe management of on-site urban sanitation.
The duties listed above are not inclusive of all duties at Global Communities. Global Communities reserves the right to change and update this position description at any time.
Available to start soon after the recruitment process is completed.
Required Skills or Experience
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Entrepreneurial mind-set and experience with a focus on social impact
- Strong organisational, leadership, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Fluency in English and French, written and oral.
- Accuracy, attention to detail
- Adept at establishing and strengthening partnerships with internal and external stakeholders
- Values and upholds team engagement and transparent, inclusive communication with stakeholders (internal and external)
- Ability to work cross-culturally with different teams
- Effective at communicating remotely with staff, partners, and Board
- Master’s degree in Business Administration or other relevant field
- Knowledge on Sanitation Marketing and Market-Based approaches
- Financial astuteness with demonstrable experience creating, managing and reporting against budgets
- Proven knowledge and experience in the WASH sector
- Demonstrated expertise and engagement with the private sector in the global development space
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Proven experience in Project Development and Business Plan development
- At least 10 years of experience in the global development space with expertise in building and expanding social enterprises (experience specifically in WASH and sanitation preferred)
- In depth knowledge and experience of sub-Saharan African consumer markets, particularly in rural areas;
- 5+ years of proven experience in similar positions allowing for expertise with diverse business functions, including finance
- Proven experience developing and implementing financially viable and impactful business plans, sales strategies and streamlining supply chains for slow-moving consumer goods in the sanitation and hygiene market.
- Proven experience establishing partnerships with International Financial Institutions (IFIs), NGOs and / or governments at the national and local levels
- Experience in market systems development approach and engaging the private sector in addressing development challenges.
Experience leading the scaling of a social enterprise focused on public health and / or sanitation goods in rural areas
How To Apply
Applications should be marked ‘Senior Sanitation Business Development Specialist’, should include both a cover letter and the most recent CV of the applicant.
Applications should be sent to [email protected] latest by 16th April 2021.
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.