Jobs In Obuasi 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is currently on a journey to redevelop the Obuasi Gold Mine into a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation will be fully mechanized, designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Security Supervisor – Underground.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
To assist the Security Superintendent – Underground Operations in managing a team to ensure the effective manpower deployment in a manner to effectively and proactively address risk including unauthorized access to underground working, Shafts and Portal environments. Collaborate with relevant stakeholders in providing a safe and secure work environment.
ADVERTISEMENT CONTINUE READING BELOW
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Act on behalf of the Security Superintendent, to manage deployed guards within the boundaries and context relevant to their assigned duties.
- Provide the Security Superintendent with work-related information regarding individuals (positive and negative) within the team and any obstacles that may hinder performance.
- Supervise and report on performance of security guards, i.e. Underground patrols, searches, technology utilization etc on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Ensure effective daily deployment of guards (AGAG and PSSP) at various shafts/portal including inspection of underground Security bulkheads and steel gates.
- Coach, plan task, observe and supervise security guards.
- Ensure manpower availability 24/7 and report on any challenges for immediate redress.
- Assist the Security Superintendent-Underground to implement training programs to improve and address identified training needs to enhance guards’ performance.
- Provide guards with clear role descriptions and post instructions to ensure they have a clear understanding of tasks assigned to them.
- Implement policies and procedures within area of responsibility according to the Department’s specific standards.
- Initiate preliminary investigations into security breaches at area of responsibility and escalate as appropriate.
- Conduct random patrols underground to ensure compliance and prevent theft of GBM.
- Ensure adherence to Voluntary Principles on Security and Human Rights (VPSHR).
- Identify, report and develop strategies to counter/mitigate security risks within area of accountability
- Participate in audits and risk assessments at areas of responsibility to ensure compliance and standardization.
- Implement appropriate procedures to ensure good housekeeping at Areas of Responsibility (AOR).
- Serve as communication link between superior and subordinates
- Ensure that work is conducted in a safe manner
- Ensure that the ‘working elements’ (inspections, audits, etc.) of the Safety Management System are complied with.
- Ensure prompt reporting of all injuries, illness, and safety incidents
- Ensure compliance to safety and environmental KPIs of the AGAG Obuasi.
- Promote Health and Safety at the workplace with a view of Zero Tolerance
CONTINUE READING BELOW
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
Relevant Tertiary Qualification
- Security related degree/ diploma.
- A minimum of five (5) years of Industry security related experience with at least two (2) years in supervisory role.
- Knowledge of underground terrain and understanding of underground mining.
- Experience in explosives management and processes.
- Experience in Underground Mining Operations.
- Must have a valid driving license.
- Problem solving, lateral thinking & analytical skills
- Inspires & Motivate Others
- Displays high integrity & honesty
- Results oriented and self-motivated
- Team player
- Proactive and takes initiative
- Zeal for Self-Development
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.