Jobs In Accra 2020
Want to receive job alerts?: Click here to join our Telegram Channel
Scam Alert: Ghana Police Service Recruitment Scam>
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
Foreign and Commonwealth Office (Operations and Corporate Services)
Information Technology Services
Main purpose of job:
Working as part of the UK Government’s global IT support team, the successful applicant will lead a team in Accra that provides the first point of escalation for IT issues for the whole British High Commission, across four offices. You will be responsible for advice on use of all network systems, including telephony.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
You will confirm that UK Government policies relating to IT Security are adhered to and support a diverse range of stakeholders on IT matters. You will chair the High Commission’s IT Committee. And you will drive continuous improvement, working with London to drive improvements in performance and service to the High Commission’s 250 staff.
You will be energetic and focussed on delivering a quality service that serves the changing needs of the British High Commission. You will display an openness to change, able to challenge with respect, and be honest and act with integrity.
Roles and responsibilities:
IT Administration, User Support, and Security – 40%
- Lead and monitor the delivery of IT services against the High Commission’s corporate services charter.
- Instil and monitor a customer-service approach to deliver IT services. Actively monitor and respond to customer feedback from all staff and stakeholders. Relentlessly pursue continuous improvement in service delivery.
- Proactively maintain and support the Foreign, Commonwealth, and Development Office (FCDO) classified IT system according to guidance
- Report incidents to the UK’s central Helpdesk and escalate through the correct channels where necessary
- Liaise with the Helpdesk to resolve IT issues and act as point of contact for technical visits
- Use administration tools to manage user accounts, and be responsible for managing compliance with IT Security Procedures
- Manage media
- Provide remote support to users working off site and equipment at remote sites, where appropriate
IT Hardware – 20%
- Review, procure, install and maintain classified and non-classified hardware as required including supporting cabling, switches and hubs
- Ensure changes to IT in the office follow the correct IT change procedures and protocols
- Manage spares, and inventories including server spares
- Carry out hardware replacements and return of faulty equipment according to guidance and under direction from technical support teams
- Assist in the remote rebuild of desktops and laptops when required
- Administer stand-alone machines and non-classified networks if applicable
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Telephony – 20%
- Perform 1st level diagnostics on user reported problems
- Replace faulty telephone handsets
- Where appropriate, capture information required by supplier and log incidents with the supplier service desk.
- Work with supplier service desk to perform basic checks on telephony equipment
- Act as a point of contact for on-site technical visits required to resolve an incident, including availability of equipment and spares.
- Ensure that any faulty equipment is returned through the logistics process.
- Maintain site-level spares; ensure that the spares inventory held at site is always at the level detailed in the detailed site design document.
- Act as the central point of contact for all technical ID requests e.g. new user creation and equipment, upgrade hardware, deletion of users.
Post Leadership – 20%
- Line manage two other IT support officers and, through them, champion and embed a collaborative and inclusive culture and instil a continuous improvement mentality within the team.
Resources managed (staff and expenditure):
- Line management of IT support officers.
- Budget oversight of the IT and telephone budget.
- Minimum 7 years of IT and/or network experience, preferably at head (or deputy) of IT level.
- General understanding of IT networking principles/practices.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Good knowledge of MS office suite.
- Strong evidence of customer service skills.
- Line management experience, and confidence in delivering difficult messages, with respect.
- A can-do attitude, with an openness to change and new ideas.
- Proven honesty and integrity.
- Demonstrable experience of managing suppliers and outsourced service delivery.
ADVERTISEMENT CONTINUE READING BELOW
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- A relevant specialism and/or a qualification.
Collaborating and Partnering, Building Capability for All, Delivering Value for Money, Managing a Quality Service
2 October 2020
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.