NGO Jobs In Tamale, Northern Region : Knowledge and Learning Manager - Youth Challenge InternationalNGO Jobs In Ghana 2021
Jobs In Tamale, Northern Region 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
YCI is a leading global youth development organization that promotes youth innovation to drive positive change. Together with our partners we create market ready solutions that catapult youth around the world to succeed and prosper; we are driven by youth and their potential to affect positive change in the world. Our solutions are focused – always keeping the young people we are designing for and with at the center of the conversation. Our approach is rooted in creativity and constantly evolving to respond to changing needs and market realities. YCI is an organization where diversity and talent come together to shape a better future for youth around the world.
- Title: Knowledge and Learning Manager
- Location: Tamale, Ghana with some regional travel required
- Contract Length: 1 year, renewable
- Commitment: Full time, 37.5 hours/week
- Compensation: 6,368.25 GHS/month
- Start Date: September 1, 2020
CONTINUE READING BELOW
HerStart: Innovate the Future
HerStart: Innovate the Future is an initiative developed by Youth Challenge International to foster and create innovative solutions for a more equitable and prosperous economy within Ghana, Tanzania and Uganda.
The program includes training and support for aspiring entrepreneurs in social enterprise, gender responsive business planning, the measurement of social impact, and access to finance. Canadian volunteers will be engaged in providing human capital support for activities through on-site placements and capacity building initiatives with partner organizations. Additionally, an entrepreneurial ecosystem will be catalyzed to identify and reduce gendered barriers, which will foster more enabling environments for young female entrepreneurs. This funding mechanism will also provide programmatic support for organizations to more effectively deliver gender-responsive activities that drive sustainable business ventures.
Reporting to the Project Lead, the Knowledge and Learning Manager will play a leadership role in the implementation of HerStart: Innovate the Future’s Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) system in Tamale, Ghana to ensure that relevant program knowledge will be gathered, shared and actioned upon through a dynamic knowledge management system.
The Knowledge and Learning Manager will use learning strategies and informational, organizational and technical skills to implement and continually enhance systems for tracking and managing knowledge – both to improve operations and outputs in Ghana, as well as enhance program effectiveness globally.
We are seeking a passionate, skilled, and creative candidate to deliver exceptional results. We are looking for people to join our team who believe in youth as powerful agents of change and are passionate about contributing to women’s empowerment through the advancement of both national and global gender equality agendas.
- Knowledge Management: Lead the adaptation and implementation of the overall HerStart: Innovate the Future MEAL strategy at the country level in close collaboration with YCI Headquarters staff and key project stakeholders (such as volunteers, sub-contractors and partners); Ensure rigorous data quality control through proactive, participatory monitoring approaches; Contribute to the development of the knowledge management system, including supporting the design of context appropriate tools, resources and activities to capture both qualitative and quantitative data; Drive the effective management of project reporting at the country level, including the collection of project results and performance reports, and other briefings, summaries and presentations for various audiences as needed; Ensure that knowledge about the project’s achievements is well documented and shared with the appropriate stakeholders.
ADVERTISEMENT CONTINUE READING BELOW
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Learning Management: Identify, document and share best practice, lessons learned and trends in the youth and women’s livelihoods sector to ensure program relevance and effectiveness; Coordinate the consolidation of evidence and learning from program evaluations to identify best practices and lesson learned across the YCI network; Collaborate with YCI volunteers, partners and stakeholders to strengthen the integration of program learnings across all facets of program delivery; Inform HerStart communications initiatives with high level summaries, stories and consolidated data.
- Technical Support: Ensure sufficient onboarding of relevant staff and volunteers on the efficient use of MEAL systems and provide ongoing coaching/support; Provide technical assistance, training and ongoing support to partners on the efficient use of the YCI project monitoring and reporting system and application of findings; Establish and maintain positive, collaborative and productive relationships with project staff, partners and sector stakeholders, providing technical support as needed.
Required Skills or Experience
- You are a self-starter with 5+ years of progressively responsible leadership experience in participatory knowledge management systems with a successful track record in designing, managing, implementing and monitoring MEAL strategies and systems for program tracking and improvement;
- you are passionate about investing in women and youth livelihoods and inspired by the possibilities of innovation and entrepreneurship ;
- you are talented at designing user-friendly data collection tools, conducting high quality qualitative and quantitative data analysis, and writing summary reports and presentations;
- you have a proven ability to manage and provide training and support on MEAL processes to relevant project stakeholders;
- you demonstrate an integrated understanding of the principles of gender equality and the empowerment of girls, including a familiarity with the socio-economic profile of young women in Tamale, Ghana
- you?are an effective communicator with excellent?written and verbal?English proficiency and
- you are a permanent resident or a Citizen of Ghana.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.