Jobs In Accra 2020
Scam Alert: Ghana Police Service Recruitment Scam>
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The Senior Manager, Exchanges and Markets at Securities and Exchange Commission Ghana is to be the focal person for the Commodity Exchange and Warehouse Receipt System Project and shall provide leadership, technical and operational direction for the attainment of the objectives of the Commodity Exchange Unit of the Commission.
Some Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement the Commodity Exchange plan and strategies.
- Coach, mentor, and train the staff of the Commodity Exchange unit.
- Ensure the effective running of the Commodity Exchange unit.
- Evaluate the operational effectiveness of the Commodity Exchange and Warehouse Receipt system and make recommendations for improvement.
- Enforce securities laws, regulations, rules, and best practices of the Commodity Exchange and Warehouse Receipts system.
- Conduct surveillance of trades and investigate abusive trade practices.
- Conduct on-site and off-site inspections of Commodity Exchange, Self-Regulated Organisations for the Warehouse Receipt System, and commodity market operators.
- Process license and new product applications.
- Develop programmes of work for inspections and trade surveillance.
- Lead consultations with stakeholders.
- Develop and/or make contributions to draft Laws, Regulations, and procedure manual.
- Contribute to the strategic document of the Commodity Exchange unit, department, and the Commission.
- Enhance output by strict application of the law to issues etc.
ADVERTISEMENT CONTINUE READING BELOW
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Qualification Required & Experience
Educational, Professional Qualification and Experience
- A minimum of a Master’s Degree in Agribusiness, Finance, Economics, Accounting, Statistics, or any other relevant field from an accredited tertiary institution.
- Relevant professional qualification(s) will be an advantage.
- A minimum of twelve (12) years post-Bachelor’s degree relevant work experience, four (4) of which must be in similar position in a reputable organisation.
Technical, Managerial & Behavioural Skills Required:
- Must have working experience in Commodity Exchange and Warehouse Receipt system practices and/or regulation.
- In-depth knowledge and experience in securities market regulation with emphasis on Commodity Exchange and Warehouse Receipt systems.
- Strong track-record in Warehouse Receipt and Commodity Exchange practices, procedures, and regulation.
- Demonstrable understanding of policies and procedures for the operation of Commodity Exchange and Warehouse Receipt systems.
- Strong managerial and administrative competence.
- Knowledge and experience in the securities industry.
- Strong managerial and administrative and skills.
- Excellent decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Good team leader, player, and team-building skills.
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to conduct self in a manner which elicits trust, respect, and confidence
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Strong ethical and professional skills.
- IT skills (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) et
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How To Apply
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Closing Date: 11th July, 2020