Jobs In Tamale, Northern Region 2020
Scam Alert: Ghana Police Service Recruitment Scam>
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Plan International Ghana is looking for an Enterprise Development Specialist to effectively support a team of professionals and deliver high quality programming and results for a project titled “Women’s Innovation for Sustainable Enterprises (WISE)”. The WISE Project seeks to leverage the enormous potential and agency of Ghanaian women entrepreneurs aged 19 to 55 years in rural and peri-urban areas by employing both demand- and supply-side interventions to contribute to increased realization of rights to economic empowerment, well-being and inclusive economic growth in 3 districts in Bono and Ahafo regions (Sunyani Municipal, Tano North and Techiman Municipal) and 2 districts in Northern region (Kumbungu and Tolon). The project will start in February 2020, has a duration of 4 years, and a budget of over 5.5 million EUR.
Dimensions of Role:
- The Enterprise Development Specialist position contributes to WISE Project objective of supporting the establishment of women-friendly business hubs (HerHubs), which will serve as a ‘one-stop shop’ for women to access gender-responsive services to start and grow small enterprises.
- In close collaboration and coordination with the WISE project team, he/she will ensure successful, innovative, efficient and effective functioning of HerHubs through effective business planning, business training and developing private sector linkages in collaboration with women entrepreneurs, civil society organizations and decentralized agencies of the government towards achieving a common goal.
- Reporting to the WISE Project Lead, the Enterprise Development Specialist will be responsible for ensuring that women entrepreneurs build their knowledge and skills to develop and run successful enterprises by adopting appropriate business practices and culture.
- The post-holder will be based in Tamale but travel to project districts where the WISE project operates for approximately 60% of her/his time.
Typical Responsibilities - Key End Results of Position:
Enterprise Development and Operationalisation of HerHubs: Lead the design, delivery, and monitoring of service support level interventions to deliver results in women’s economic empowerment. A strong understanding of project cycle management and gender transformative programming are essential to provide relevant technical guidance.
ADVERTISEMENT CONTINUE READING BELOW
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Develop an enterprise development framework for the WISE project and lead on its implementation, and regular review and progress updates.
- Coordinate and provide technical oversight of gender-integrated market assessments of women-friendly entrepreneurial, value chains and emerging “green businesses / sectors” in the five target districts.
- Lead the efforts of the project team and partners to ensure HerHubs in Business Advisory Centres (BACs) and Rural Solar HerHubs are established and operational, ensuring inclusive financial and business development services and products are developed for women entrepreneurs and rolled out.
- Develop and support the delivery of an appropriate training package in business planning, business skills, strategic planning and entrepreneurship for use by the project team, partners and relevant institutions.
- Develop and annually update a list of partnerships with business organisations, academic institutions, and experts and trainers to be employed in the capacity building of partners and women groups.
- Support women entrepreneurs and businesses with the design and development of business models for implementation and which will contribute to the establishment of functional market structures (Collection Centres, Processing Units, Bulking Centres, etc.) as appropriate to the commodities the project will promote.
- Support the operationalization and tracking of business and marketing plans through joint planning, monitoring and collaboration with stakeholders.
- Facilitate entrepreneurship opportunities, facilitate increased access to markets, expand agri-businesses, and establish sustainable business (green) streams which aligns with Ghana’s existing programs, policies and investments, including the Rural Enterprise Programme, Planting for Food and Jobs, and One-District, One-Factory initiatives, etc.
- Project cycle management processes and tools (including detailed implementation plans) effectively implemented to achieve project results and comply with donor requirements, government, and partnership agreements.
- Contribute to regular project narrative reports, ensuring high quality technical inputs, data and learnings are available to complete reports on time
- Technical Support for Women’s Groups, Associations and Cooperatives: Contribute to improved governance and management of women groups/associations (namely Village Saving and Loan (VSLA) groups), and promote strong cooperative values and principles:
- Lead the technical review and validation of Plan International’s Savings Groups Program Guide to develop an institutional framework for women association/groups and other apex entities with clear linkages with individual associations, as well as specific training components on life skills, financial literacy and business management.
- Design, develop, and support in the delivery of capacity building programs on governance, strategic planning, financial management, conflict management and human resources management pertaining to VSLAs, associations and groups.
- Monitor and provide semi-annual tracking on the growth and development in governance, management and overall development of VSLAs, groups and associations related to the project.
- Facilitate the establishment of agricultural and green producer group associations.
- Partnerships, Communication and Coordination: Foster and maintain productive and professional relationships with and between all project stakeholders (women entrepreneurs and beneficiaries, government, private sector (including MFIs and Oiko) and non-profit) to deliver products and services that respond to the unique needs of women entrepreneurs.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How To Apply
Interested applicants should: