Quality Control/Assurance Jobs In Tamale, Northern Region : Quality Assurance Specialist - Plan International GhanaQuality Control/Assurance Jobs In Ghana 2020
Jobs In Tamale, Northern Region 2020
Scam Alert: Ghana Police Service Recruitment Scam>
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Plan International Ghana is looking for a Quality Assurance Specialist to work on a project titled “Women’s Innovation for Sustainable Enterprises (WISE)”. The WISE Project seeks to leverage the enormous potential and agency of Ghanaian women entrepreneurs aged 19 to 55 years in rural and peri-urban areas by employing both demand- and supply-side interventions to contribute to increased realization of rights to economic empowerment, well-being and inclusive economic growth in 3 districts in Bono and Ahafo regions (Sunyani Municipal, Tano North and Techiman Municipal) and 2 districts in Northern region (Kumbungu and Tolon). The project will start in February 2020, has a duration of 4 years, and a budget of over 5.5 million EUR.
Dimensions of Role:
- He/She will contribute to the successful financial project management in compliance with donor (Global Affairs Canada guidelines. He/She will strengthen the capacity of the respective project staff and local partner organizations for quality financial administration.
- He/She ensures that financial reports and the respective supporting documents shared with the donor are of high quality. To achieve this the Quality Assurance Specialist will work at two levels:
- Preliminary review financial reports before they are shared with CNO
- Provide initial support and capacity building of financial teams of new partner organizations and Plan staff
- Provide Risk Management and support for the proper functioning of WISE financial System
Area of Responsibility – Wise Project
Located at Tamale
Typical Responsibilities - Key End Results of Position:
“What” is done and “why”, but not “how”; include indicators for success
- Coordinates and monitors the Quality Assurance function of the WISE project
ADVERTISEMENT CONTINUE READING BELOW
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Participates in the design, implementation and monitoring of all the processes required in the Quality Assurance work (annual plan, standard working papers, reporting format and protocols) etc.
- Strengthens the risk management processes in line with the Plan International Global and Regional strategy through facilitation of the project risk management plan of actions and monitoring of the Risk Register.
- Follows up on Action-plans agreed between management and external Auditors for full compliance and reports to Country Director
- Reviews Internal Control Systems for its effectiveness and appropriateness to achieve the project’s objectives and reports on areas of improvement
- Performs special confidential tasks assigned by the Country Director
- Ensures quality standards are met through review of processes at risk in the annual review plan
- Monitors action taken by management in response to assurance reviews, ensuring effective follow up
- Adheres to Plan’s Child Protection Policy to safeguard and protect the child at all times without any reports or incidents of child abuse
- Ensures Plan’s gender equality policy is adhered to
- To coordinate the Risk Management system to ensure that all risk owners are prompted monthly to update their risk action points
- Performs and other duties that may be assigned from time to time to ensure the effective implementation of the Wise Project
- Providing Assurance: Planning, monitoring and quality review of Assurance engagements on key systems, processes, policies and controls carried out at the project level.
- Develops a Financial Year (FY) workplan for the country/ specific area of work, as agreed with the Project Lead, that provides assurance on key systems, processes, policies and controls in Plan Ghana
- Prepares monitors budget to implement the Annual workplan
- Reviews ongoing assurance assignments on the workplan in the line with International Standards on internal auditing
- Prepares Reports to relevant stakeholders on assurance engagement assignments undertaken
- Monitors the process of management’s Actions in response to Assurance Reviews
Change Management, management support and learning:
- Influences change within and the project team to strengthen risk management, accountability and effectiveness.
- Supports management in improving operations and to provide a platform for learning across Plan.
- Provides practical recommendations on how to improve systems, processes, policies and controls relating to the WISE project.
- Facilitates the sharing of learning, based on best practices or from different partners as well from best standards and practices on the project
- Provides technical support in network meetings and other organizational trainings focusing on risk management and effectiveness of the control framework
- Provides advice to CMT on systems, processes and policy reviews, in agreement with the Project Lead
- Builds relationships with internal and external stakeholders to facilitate conduct of quality assurance engagements and exchange of knowledge on assurance best practices
- Builds relationships with key internal stakeholders mainly project team and country management to facilitate the conduct of quality assurance engagements and
- identify appropriate areas for management support
- Interact with other quality assurance functions from local and other INGOs, and the donor community to exchange knowledge and learn on assurance best practices and developments in risk management
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How To Apply
Interested applicants should: