Jobs In Tamale, Northern Region 2020
Scam Alert: Ghana Police Service Recruitment Scam>
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Plan International Ghana is looking for a Project Coordinator to work with a team of professionals and coordinate high quality programming and results in the Northern Region on a project titled “Women’s Innovation for Sustainable Enterprises (WISE)”.The WISE Project seeks to leverage the enormous potential and agency of Ghanaian women entrepreneurs aged 19 to 55 years in rural and peri-urban areas by employing both demand- and supply-side interventions to contribute to increased realization of rights to economic empowerment, well-being and inclusive economic growth in 3 districts in Bono and Ahafo regions (Sunyani Municipal, Tano North and Techiman Municipal) and 2 districts in Northern region (Kumbungu and Tolon). The project will start in February 2020, has a duration of 4 years, and a budget of over 5.5 million EUR.
Dimensions of Role:
- The project coordinator will work with stakeholders at districts/municipal level to address root causes of gender inequalities through gender-transformative approaches. This includes an express need to ensure meaningful male engagement to support women’s improved agency
- The Project Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating quality programming and results, financial management and compliance, stakeholder and partner relations, and donor deliverables at districts/municipal levels
- He/she will coordinate the establishment of women-friendly business hubs (HerHubs), which will serve as a ‘one-stop shop’ for women to access gender-responsive services to start and grow small enterprises, feminist and results-oriented economic empowerment program planning, implementation and reporting in compliance with donor and government agreements
- Facilitate the effective functioning of all Enterprise hubs through effective business planning, business training and developing private sector linkages in collaboration with other decentralized agencies of the government towards achieving a common goal
- Project Coordinator will ensure that project beneficiaries (Women) have the knowledge and skills to develop and run successful enterprises by adopting appropriate business practices and culture in the district/municipal
- The post-holder will be based in Sunyani and travel to project communities where the WISE project operate for approximately 70% of her/his time.
- Feminist principles of collaboration, participation, transparency and respect for the agency of women’s organizations will be integrated in all aspects of this role.
ADVERTISEMENT CONTINUE READING BELOW
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Typical Responsibilities - Key End Results of Position:
“What” is done and “why”, but not “how”; include indicators for success
- Please state why each activity is done and the indicators for success
- Form and Develop women groups association with appropriate cooperative Values and principles
- Work with LNGOs to facilitate groups as entry for project intervention
- Facilitate an institutional framework for women association/groups and other apex entities with clear linkages with individual associations
- Facilitate and develop capacity programme to deliver governance, strategic planning, financial management, conflict management and human resources management pertaining to associations and groups
- Monitor and provide semi-annual tracking report of the growth and development in governance, management and overall development of self-groups and associations related to the project.
- Facilitate the development of producer association values and principle
- Facilitate linkages with relevant district/municipal institutions to support the registration to formalise businesse
- Develop increased knowledge and understanding of WISE through cross learning, co-mentoring activities to exchange experiences with stakeholders at the district/municipal
- Any other duties assigned by Supervisor
- Support the Operationalisation of HerHubs
- Coordinate with relevant decentralized agencies in the District/Municipal economic analysis and value chains studies on the project
- Work with Project Team to ensure HerHub in Business Advisory Centres (BACs) and Rural Solar HerHubs established and operational
- Work with relevant institutions/organisations in the District/Municipal on an appropriate training package in business planning, business skills, strategic planning and entrepreneurship for use by the project team and relevant Institutions
- Support the operationalization and tracking of business and marketing plans through joint planning, monitoring and collaboration with stakeholders
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How To Apply
Interested applicants should: