Jobs In Sunyani 2020
Scam Alert: Ghana Police Service Recruitment Scam>
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Plan International Ghana is looking for a Driver to support a team of professionals and deliver high quality programming and results for a project titled “Women’s Innovation for Sustainable Enterprises (WISE)”. The WISE Project to seeks to leverage enormous potential and agency of Ghanaian women aged 19 to 55 years entrepreneurs in rural and peri-urban areas by employing both demand- and supply-side interventions to contribute to increased realization of rights to economic empowerment, well-being and inclusive economic growth in 3 districts in Bono and Ahafo region (Sunyani Municipal, Tano North and Techiman Municipal) and 2 districts in Northern region (Kumbungu and Tolon). The project will start in February 2020, has a duration of 4 years, and a budget of over $ 5.5 million EUR.
Dimensions of Role:
Financial measures or statistics relevant to post such as budget; list of direct and indirect reports
Area of Responsibility – Women’s Innovation for Sustainable Enterprises (WISE)
Serve on Purchasing Committee from time to time.
Typical Responsibilities - Key End Results of Position:
“What” is done and “why”, but not “how”; include indicators for success
- Drive professionally and defensively to ensure safety and protection of staff at all times without any incidents of accidents or injuries
- Ensure vehicle is maintained as per the maintenance schedule of the vehicle to enhance longevity of vehicle with no reports of frequent breakdowns or malfunctioning of vehicle
ADVERTISEMENT CONTINUE READING BELOW
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Ensure that vehicle movement and mileage are duly recorded in the vehicle’s logbook to keep and track vehicle movement without any reports of carjacking
- Ensure that the vehicle is always cleaned to enhance its state and notify Procurement and Grants Coordinator at least 3 months before the expiry date of the vehicles documents (insurance/road worthiness certificate etc) for renewal without any queries from the MTTU/Police
- Dispatch local mail to addressees as would be directed to keep and maintain communication with our clients without any reports of missing mails and withdraw monies at bank as would be directed for implementation of project activities without any reports of fraud or loss of monies
- Comply with Plan’s Child Protection and safeguarding Policy at all times without any reports or incidents of child abuse.
- Perform any other duties to be assigned to support the attainment of WISE project goals.
Dealing with Problems:
- Complexity of problems handled & the degree of investigation, analysis, & creative thinking required to solve them
- Observe, anticipate and drive defensively to safeguard life and property always
- Exhibit a good sense of judgment and responsibility while driving
- Works with minimum supervision
Communications and Working Relationships:
- Working contacts inside and outside the organization; include the purpose and level (high, medium, low) of the contact
- Low contact with service providers and suppliers for the collection of quotations, receiving and dispatch of goods, material, equipments, mails, deposits etc.
- Maintains a high contact with project staff to facilitate prompt movement of staff towards the implementation of project and activities.
Knowledge, Skills, Behaviors, and Experience Required to Achieve Role’s Objectives:
Gained through education, training, & experience
- GCE O level/SSS
- At least 5 years driving experience in the formal sector
- Valid driving license with at least class C
- Experience in the NGO sector preferably with child-related development organisation, would be an advantage
- Basic auto mechanic skills
- Good knowledge of Highway Code
- Defensive driving
- Good communication skills
- Good verbal and writing skills
- Good inter-personal skills
- Good planning and organizing abilities
- Timeliness and proactive in the discharge of duties
- Ability to interact with staff at all levels as is required
- Communicates in a manner that inspires confidence and professionalism
- High sense of judgment and responsibility
- High safety awareness level of area of operation
- Good team player
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How To Apply
Interested applicants should: