Jobs In Brong Ahafo Region 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
About This Role:
- To lead the mine maintenance section, assume overall responsibility for personnel, budget and resource management and ensure the availability of equipment and plant including heavy and light vehicle equipment fleet in order to achieve maximum production in a safe, efficient and cost-effective manner.
In This Role You Will:
- Provide strategic direction and leadership to the mine maintenance functions within the mine area.
- Establish and manage mine maintenance section goals and objectives.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures which results in optimum effectiveness, productivity and operating cost.
- Manage input to the business planning process.
- Develop operations functional work plans.
- Take responsibility for the achievement of the plans and goals through ongoing monitoring of progress.
- Take appropriate measures to ensure that risks (business, safety, environmental, health, etc.) impacting the mine maintenance operations are managed to the required standard or level.
- Research, evaluate and recommend new maintenance equipment and tools to enhance the capabilities of the maintenance team. Evaluate, select and manage relationships with contractors to minimize costs and ensure the organization receives satisfactory standards of service. Ensure that the reliability team are monitoring, analyzing and reporting on equipment performance, operating practices and reliability to identify improvement opportunities (cost, reliability, capacity) and providing reliability reports as required.
- Review the use of reliability analysis tools including reliability centered maintenance optimization, defect elimination and root cause analysis.
Mine Maintenance Management
- Ensure all equipment are properly serviced and maintained; responsible for all owner and contract maintenance personnel supporting the mining effort.
- Prepare work schedules and ensure that the mine equipment is run to give the best economic return between equipment longevity and throughput.
- Coordinate all maintenance activities with other departments maintenance plans for plant and equipment to ensure production requirements are met.
- Manage resources and ensure equipment are available to meet budgeted operations and maintenance requirements.
- Prepare, negotiate and implement various Maintenance and Repair Contracts (MARC).
- Prepare and maintain mine maintenance reports.
- Manage major maintenance contractors including maintenance and repair contracts and Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) vendor held stock agreements.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Write Authorization for Expenditure (AFE) for capital expenditure that will improve operations, reduce cost or improve efficiencies.
- Appropriately manage the capital program for the mine maintenance section:
- As an AFE manager for sustaining capital.
- As a Cost Center Manager with sustaining capital.
- As an AFE Manager with a closed project.
- Manage mine maintenance budgeting and cost control for a number of cost centers, performing capital evaluation of projects and producing management reports.
- Approve purchases and expenditure within the delegated limits of authority.
- Promote projects and programs within the mine which provide continuous improvement in the areas of safety, environment, production and efficiency.
- Oversee development projects, including:
- Controlling and directing project status.
- Initiating corrective action to deliver projects on time and cost by ensuring project compliance and quality are achieved.
- Identifying improvement opportunities.
Health, Safety and Environment
- Manage the section’s compliance with the requirement of Government of Ghana agencies, lending institutions, shareholders’ interests, environmental, health & safety legislation and company regulation.
- Accept personal responsibility for the health and safety of every employee under or assigned to his /her supervision.
- Comply with all Health, Safety & Loss Prevention (HSLP), environment and social responsibility requirements under Newmont’s integrated management system, Newmont's vision and values.
- Create a suitable work environment to motivate staff, employees and contractors to achieve optimum effectiveness, productivity and operating costs.
- Conduct and complete incident/accident investigations and take corrective action to prevent injury and/or re-occurrence.
- Oversee implementation of job and safety training programs.
- Manage implementation of applicable environmental regulations and compliance programs.
- Ensure the transfer of technology from expatriate to national employees, promotion and support of national employee training and skill development.
- Manage General Foremen, National Service Personnel and other direct reports by:
- Performing performance appraisals.
- Recommending further or relevant training courses and development actions in accordance with Newmont’s people development program(s).
- Enhance communication with staff through regular feedback, contact, meetings and briefings etc.
Your Training, Skills and Experience Checklist:
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in Mechanical or Mine Engineering.
- Advance knowledge of maintenance principles and industry standards.
- Advance knowledge of the work management process.
- Advance knowledge of planning and scheduling.
- Advance knowledge of maintenance plant and equipment.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in mechanical maintenance ideally at General Foreman level with a minimum of 3 years in gold mining operations.
- Experience in managing a budget and resources for a large and complex department.
- A minimum of 10 years’ management and supervisory experience in managing a large group of diverse employees, regular staff, hourly-paid and contractors.
- Advance analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Advance communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Advance computer literacy skills - MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook), MS Project and Ellipse.
- Advance information monitoring and management skills.
- Advance planning, organizing and prioritizing skills.
- Conflict management and influencing skills.
- Customer focused.
- Safety conscious.
- Takes initiative.
- Results driven.
- Attention to detail.
- Position is located at the Ahafo North mine. The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is required to sit at a desk for extended periods, climb stairs, walk and stand.
- Work environment: The noise level in the office work environment is minimal. Occasional exposure to noise, fumes, high temperature hazardous materials, sharp edges, dust, pinch-points, vibration, slippery surfaces etc.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): Work requires mandatory PPE such as helmet, goggles, high visible clothing, safety harness, ear plugs and dust mask according to the working conditions.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.